Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to study in Cork?

Options
  • 10-01-2017 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

I'm doing an online course at the moment and need a desk somewhere quiet where I can put the head down for a few hours.

I tried to apply for a membership card for the UCC library but they don't give them out to the general public until the summer apparently.

I don't finish work till 5.30pm so public libraries are out of the question.

Any ideas? I'm going insane trying to study on my bed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Apt8

Webworkhouse/Eco Cafe on Winthrop street is probably your best bet, just throw on a pair of headphones and grab a PC/table in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

Is your online course with a college in Ireland or the UK? If you're a registered student you may be able to use the UCC or CIT libraries under one of the existing arrangements e.g. ALCID or SCONUL.
    http://booleweb.ucc.ie/index.php?pageID=340

Advertisement