Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disneyland Paris

Options
  • 10-01-2017 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

http://www.disneylandparis.co.uk/
    Looking at going there in April, 2017. Will stay at a campsite and make our own way to the park.
    What's the low-down?
    1 day or 2 needed to see it?
    Good for kids - 9 & 12?
    For the 2 parks, how much should we expect to pay for Park tickets for 2 adults and 2 children for one day? (The website has multiple ticket options available and its not the easiest to figure out).
    Are there any websites / agents that offer deals on Park tickets?
    Any info/tips/recommendations would be great, thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭SeamusG97

Benbecul97 wrote: »
    http://www.disneylandparis.co.uk/
    Looking at going there in April, 2017. Will stay at a campsite and make our own way to the park.
    What's the low-down?
    1 day or 2 needed to see it?
    Good for kids - 9 & 12?
    For the 2 parks, how much should we expect to pay for Park tickets for 2 adults and 2 children for one day? (The website has multiple ticket options available and its not the easiest to figure out).
    Any info/tips/recommendations would be great, thanks!
    Did it in 2012 - think I posted about it here at the time. Two days should be enough to do both parks - maybe 3 as the bigger park could absorb the extra time. There's onsite motorhome parking - big tarmac car park where you can park very near the entrance. It's basic but you're not going to do much except sleep there. There will be plenty of other vans. There's a fee payable at entry (expensive) and a nightly charge that was half heartedly collected. It's fuss free and really convenient as you will want to get in early.

We just queued up in the morning and bought tickets at the booth. I can't remember what we paid but it amounted to a few hundred euro for 2 + 2 kids.
    Nothing's cheap so bring a picnic if you want to save money but there's a McDonald's at the same price as everywhere else.

I actually thought it would all be a lot more complicated. Arrive evening before. Pay and park. Walk up and buy tickets and enter one park in the morning. Repeat with the other park on day two.
    A great experience and you will all have a blast.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

Thanks SeamusG97! Appreciate the info!

Are the two parks not doable in one day?

They don't want to go on every ride and have shortlisted about 10 across both parks. That's surely manageable if we are in there at opening time and leave at closing time?

Did the same at Puy du Fou. Got to see the 5 main attractions there in August, some other attractions, and the night time show in one 13 hour day. That included some ridiculous queuing  in the scorching heat (the queue was hosed down while queuing for Triumph 's Sign in the lunchtime sun!!). Long, long day but worth it.

Also, when you say you paid a few hundred euro for 2 + 2, was that for one day or both days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭SeamusG97

You probably could do the two parks in one day if you were determined to but I think it would be a big rush. There's lots of stuff (or was - it's been a while and I'm no expert on the place) to see in between the rides as well.
    You could always do it one day at a time if you are parked on site. You would be paying more for the tickets this way but not a fortune.

In July, the queues for the popular rides were around an hour long, ( some were shorter ) so ten rides could be a lot for one day. Again, I'm no expert and it has been a while.

One of the parks ( Walt Disney Studios park ) was mostly walkabout with one big ride, and the other (Disneyland park) was mostly rides at the time. This one is the bigger of the two and occupied us from morning until the lightshow at the end. The kids were 11 and 9 at the time.

Whatever you choose it won't be cheap - the place is designed to separate you from your money as efficiently as possible. I think we paid something around the same amount as advertised currently for a 2 Day 2 Park ticket. I'd forgotten how expensive it was. The enduring memory is of the park and not of the cost of the tickets so it must have been worth it!

If I was doing it again, I'd probably do it the same way.

Thanks SeamusG97!

Will be there in April so would hope that the queuing time will be shorter than what you experienced in July. Also, not parking on site so that too will be a factor.

Currently for a ticket for 2 + 2 (Super Magic 1 day / 2 parks) valid until 30/06/17 is €322.00.
    A multi day for same group/period is €532.00.
    That is wild expensive. 

Is there any advantage to buying online now, buying online closer to the time, or buying on the day
    (I guess you are better off buying online as you won't have to join another queue to buy your entry ticket - enough to queue for the rides!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Pirates of the Carribean and Space Mountain will be closed keep an eye on the list here as there were a ton of rides closed last Spring but I guess they are probably mostly refurbished now:
    http://holidays.disneylandparis.co.uk/eep.html

You can get an idea of crowd levels here, 2016 data is also available but due to refurbishment crowd numbers would probably have been down:
    https://queue-times.com/parks/4/crowd_levels?start_date=2015-04-01
    https://queue-times.com/parks/4/crowd_levels?start_date=2016-04-01

Live queue times to look at closer to the time.
    https://queue-times.com/parks/4/queue_times

If you are trying to do it in one day, then theres some advice here on best use of your fast pass.
    http://www.attractiontix.co.uk/blog/2015/08/03/which-rides-to-use-disneyland-paris-fastpass/

I think by planning the order with clever use of your fastpasses and keeping an eye on live waiting times and going on the right day you could do it relatively stress free while feeling smug :pac:

French school holidays: Saturday 8th April 2017 to Sunday 23rd April 2017

• Advertisement

Thanks crabbypaddy! Appreciate the info!
    Some serious help and tips there - thanks again! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

the different versions of their website for different countries can have different prices. And you can buy from any of them.

I can't remember if theres savings to be made on tickets or is it only for the hotels.

Thanks donegal.!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭clionaricho

We went in May 2011 and posted here about it. Queues weren't bad then at all. We stayed in the grounds of Disney where there is camper park. There aren't many facilities there but its a small walk up and you can go in and out to your own van to eat etc. There is some facilities there that truckers use that they did let us use. You can google it but the annual pass gives you free parking too. We also bought tickets here, they are annual tickets for about 120 each person, don't know how that works out but we spent about 3 days or so there.
    http://www.ce-multiavantages.com/404/passeports-annuels-promos.html
    this worked perfect for us but get it translated if you need.
    We are planning on going again this May too.
    Any questions feel free to ask and this may have all changed since we were there last

Thanks clionaricho!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭The Davestator

I was there last month and after lots of searching, the cheapest place i found for tickets was tickets365. €97 for two adults - two parks in one day.

Half the price you pay at the door.

Thanks Davestator!

Was this the site where you purchased your tickets? £33.75 per adult? https://www.365tickets.co.uk/disneyland-paris

Nice saving from the price at the door!

I see Disneyland Paris are doing a deal from January 10, 2017 - March 24, 2017.
    It's £36 per adult midweek / £45 per adult anytime during this period.

https://www.booktickets.disneylandparis.com/tnsa64/live/shop/A/MAINGBCD/pluto/index.php?vld=1&affid=SECUTIX&tduid=32454335543R

Looking at going there in April, 2017, so as per the above disneylandparis.com link it will be £64 per adult until June 30, 2017.

Do you think tickets365 will be doing deals for April?

Thanks Davestator!

Was this the site where you purchased your tickets? £33.75 per adult? https://www.365tickets.co.uk/disneyland-paris

Nice saving from the price at the door!

I see Disneyland Paris are doing a deal from January 10, 2017 - March 24, 2017.
    It's £36 per adult midweek / £45 per adult anytime during this period.

https://www.booktickets.disneylandparis.com/tnsa64/live/shop/A/MAINGBCD/pluto/index.php?vld=1&affid=SECUTIX&tduid=32454335543R

Looking at going there in April, 2017, so as per the above disneylandparis.com link it will be £64 per adult until June 30, 2017.

Do you think tickets365 will be doing deals for April?

Not sure. For the dates I was looking for, they were by far the cheapest (Save another 5% by signing up for their email)

They have an Irish landline, so give them a call and see.

Aside from that - be prepared when it comes to using fastpass. Lots of articles online to read to help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Satts

When we went to Disneyland Paris there was only one park built.
    I found that one day was not long enough for that park, nevermind trying to do two parks in one day.
    We loved Puy du Fou as well, it's amazing.

Thanks Satts!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

Satts wrote: »
    When we went to Disneyland Paris there was only one park built.
    I found that one day was not long enough for that park, nevermind trying to do two parks in one day.
    We loved Puy du Fou as well, it's amazing.

if i had to pick, I'd rather go to puy du fou than disneyland.

donegal. wrote: »

Already been to Puy du Fou and it was great.
    Disneyland Paris should be great too, but in a different way.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Satts

donegal. wrote: »
    Already been to Puy du Fou and it was great.
    Disneyland Paris should be great too, but in a different way.

I liked Puy du Fou more as well, went two years in a row. Went with a 5 year old, he was a bit scared of some of the shows to be honest, but he is a little bit over cautious anyway.

I would go back to Disney again, but I wouldn't go two years in a row.
    It was just the two of us in Disney, two big kids for the day, we loved it.

It depends on your kids, I would be thinking the 9 year old would prefer Disney not sure on the 12 year old, it would depend on the child's personality but when you have been to Puy du Fou already they would probably like the change.

I hate rushing on holidays. I would not enjoy trying to do two parks in the one day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Don't forget Parc Astérix we missed it the last time because the kids got chickenpox :(

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭clionaricho

Just to finish off here from a comment I left earlier..

We are back from Disney now and had a ball.
    We ferried to Cherbourg and back from Roscoff so a bit of driving.

The best place that I found to buy tickets was TravelRepublic €472 for 3 day passes for 2 parks for 2 adults and 2 children. That in my opinion was plenty time in there anyway. Also my kids agreed which they didn't before they thought we would be short. Its a lot of walking.

Anyway you can stay in the park at a cost of €35 per night, we paid on the way in and they never asked us for it again but they did say it at the door. If you buy an annual ticket which is only a little more for one person then parking is included anyway. There is a car park for campers/ truckers. It has a toilet and shower block you can use and chemical toilet too. It is just a carprark but thats all you need. It is about 10 minute walk up to the parks.

Anyway if anyone wants more info please feel free to ask

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Hi, we are heading to euro disney mid July this year, and tickets365 are only a little dearer than TravelRepublic and seem to include fastpass. Are they reputable?
    Thanks

Qwerty? wrote: »
    Hi, we are heading to euro disney mid July this year, and tickets365 are only a little dearer than TravelRepublic and seem to include fastpass. Are they reputable?
    Thanks

Fast pass are available to everyone once you're in as far as i know.

Advertisement