Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painting a solid wood kitchen

Options
  • 10-01-2017 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

Hi all

Currently thinking of doing up the kitchen in the parents house. Current kitchen is a solid mahgony kitchen and needs a new lease of life and I need to change layout slightly but nothing too major. The timber itself is in good condition other than needing new hinges and handles etc. I'm thinking of getting the current wood striped and painted in a different colour then adding new handles/hinges and maybe a new quartz/granite work top. This should make the kitchen would be good as new.
    Would I be recommended getting a solid mahgony kitchen painted though?
    Also what could I expect to pay for say a standard door to be stripped and painted?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭PANDDDKP

cozzie55 wrote: »
    Hi all

Currently thinking of doing up the kitchen in the parents house. Current kitchen is a solid mahgony kitchen and needs a new lease of life and I need to change layout slightly but nothing too major. The timber itself is in good condition other than needing new hinges and handles etc. I'm thinking of getting the current wood striped and painted in a different colour then adding new handles/hinges and maybe a new quartz/granite work top. This should make the kitchen would be good as new.
    Would I be recommended getting a solid mahgony kitchen painted though?
    Also what could I expect to pay for say a standard door to be stripped and painted?
    Thanks

There's no reason why it can't be painted. Just make sure that it's primed properly with BIN Zinsser or Colourtrend Prime, then it's given an undercoat and 2 top coats.

You won't have much change out of 2k with paint and labour but a lot cheaper than buying a new kitchen.

Advertisement