Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v Hull EFL Semi Final 1st Leg 10/1/17 k/o 8pm Sky.

• 10-01-2017 2:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Manchester-United-vs-Hull-City-Preview-Prediction-10-January-2017-English-League-Cup.jpg

Provisional Man Utd squad: De Gea, Romero, Valencia, Fosu-Mensah, Jones, Smalling, Rojo, Darmian, Shaw, Blind, Young, Fellaini, Carrick, Herrera, Schweinsteiger, Pogba, Lingard, Mata, Mkhitaryan, Martial, Rashford, Ibrahimovic, Rooney.

Provisional Hull squad: Marshall, McGregor, Jakupovic, Dawson, Tymon, Robertson, Meyler, Clucas, Huddlestone, Henriksen, Mason, Weir, Livermore, Maloney, Snodgrass, Clackstone, Diomande, Hernandez, Bowen.

Team news:

Striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic and midfielder Paul Pogba are set to return to Manchester United's side against Hull in the semi-final of the EFL Cup.

Ander Herrera and Antonio Valencia are also poised to start the first leg at Old Trafford after missing the FA Cup win over Reading.

Hull City captain Michael Dawson (shoulder) is a doubt, as is Harry Maguire (hip).

Abel Hernandez could start after coming off the bench to score on Saturday

Mourinho:

"We are going to face this Hull match with everything we have, with all the power we have," said the Portuguese.

"We play against Liverpool [on Sunday], it's a big match for us but we want to be in the final," he said.

Hull are bottom of the Premier League, three points from safety.

They beat Swansea City in the FA Cup in Marco Silva's first match in charge but finished the tie with Tom Huddlestone and Jake Livermore in central defence because of injuries.

Silva:

"We finished this game with our backline having a midfielder as a right-back, two midfielders like centre-backs," said Silva, who deployed David Meyler as a makeshift full-back.

"It is not normal at the level where we are.

"For all these things, for the situation we have in the table, it is very important to give confidence for the people, change the atmosphere here."

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,418 ✭✭✭secman

Probably a mix of the 11 that played Reading and team to play pool on Sunday. The 11 that played Reading definitely good enough to beat Hull, but will probably want some play time for some of players to start against Pool. Semis over 2 legs really suit us and pool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Should have enough to win this but you never know with a cup game and them having a new manager. Would love to hit a few in and make the away leg a formality if possible.

82-0, Rooney to break the record scoring with his arse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,121 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

This on the free sky sports channel?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Tyson Fury wrote: »

Nah think it's just on Sky Sports 1. Not 100% though

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Seems to be, according to my sky+ app anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

Yes, its on Sky Sports Mix as well as SS1, so those of us on UPC/Virgin can see it in HD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

If this isn't a complete route I'll eat my shorts.

If this isn't a complete route I'll eat my shorts.

Get the knife and fork out.

Did I say for whom? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

No zlatan

De gea, valencia, smalling, Jones, darmian, Herrera, pogba, mkhitaryan, Rooney, mata and rashford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

OKLWHH6l.jpg

Pretty much 2 players away from our strongest available 11 assuming Shaw is still not available.

Very happy with that team.Few lads need games and also gives a rest to Zlatan and Carrick.

Get a good start and a few goals then take Pogba off early.

Jayop wrote: »
    Pretty much 2 players away from our strongest available 11 assuming Shaw is still not available.

He is fit anyway so unless its match fitness he just isn't been picked..

You'd think if we had any ambitions to get him up to match fitness then he should be on the bench at least for games like this.

I'm getting close to giving up on this lad as a very very expensive sick note.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Hope Zlatan is just being rested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

Korat wrote: »
    Hope Zlatan is just being rested.

He has a dose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Hull playing 2 midfielders centre back. Rooney won't have a better chance to break the record

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I don't like Herrera in the defensive midfield role so I think Hull have a chance here with that lineup as long as they sit deep and try to work chances through the middle. If they try to spread it out wide it's likely they'll get caught out by the pace of United's full backs and Rashford.

After scoring two the last day Rashford will be on a mission to push for a starting place at the weekend.

• Advertisement

Hull have only 6 subs. I assume there was a late withdrawal from someone or something? I know they are stretched resourcewise, but it can't be that bad that they couldn't rustle up an 18 year old from the youth teams surely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

What a great save

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Great ball from Darmian!!!

5starpool wrote: »
    Hull have only 6 subs. I assume there was a late withdrawal from someone or something? I know they are stretched resourcewise, but it can't be that bad that they couldn't rustle up an 18 year old from the youth teams surely?

Player had an illness on the way to the game so suppose they didn't have anyone else in the squad travelling they are down to bare bones only had 18 in squad.

Imagine the fun Shaw would have down that side. A natural lefty would mean better balls in to the box.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Player had an illness on the way to the game so suppose they didn't have anyone else in the squad travelling they are down to bare bones only had 18 in squad.

You would think 1 or 2 extra would travel as a precaution.I'm sure there would be room on the bus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Thats a very unlucky injury, Hull have no luck at all with that squad

Aw you just have to score from there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Ah that's a bad wide. Would have been a lovely goal after some good build up play.

• Advertisement

• Missed the first 20, how we doing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

that Mata Herrera interaction was lovely

Four shots from Mihkitaryan none on target.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Missed the first 20, how we doing

Well on top, a few presentable chances. Mata probably with the pick of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Ya'll think 2 legged affairs should be scrapped?

• I see our shooting boots are missing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Can't help but feel if Ibra was fit we'd be up a goal or two already

Finishing all over the place. Some lovely interplay though.

On target at least

• Pogba so powerful on the ball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Racking up the shots now anyway.

• Advertisement

I see our shooting boots are missing

Hopefully they stay missing until Monday at least.

FFS :mad:

Jesús Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I see our shooting boots are missing

You have to have shooting boots for them to go missing. This is becoming a pattern

• Why offside so late

Why offside so late

I don't think he was even off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,584 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Why offside so late

Lino's stream is behind.

Scrap the cap!

I'm watching with no sound. What was the flag raised for with the header off the post? Did the ref call it offside and the linesman put his flag up to match or something?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Herrera needs to give up shooting.

The wheelchair fans are seeing plenty of the ball anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement