Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best time and how to book Las Vegas

Options
  • 10-01-2017 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hi,

Our group of friends have decided we'd like to go to Vegas next year around march 2018, there will be approx 10 or 12 of us (not all couples).

When is the best/cheapest time to make a booking for flights and hotels etc ?
    Is it possible to get a group rate with hotels or do they simply not care as will be booked anyway ?

Is it cheaper to do it separately or else go through an agent ?
    We're hoping to go and be there for st.patricks day next year.

Tks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Fares for March 2018 wont be available until late April/May 2017.

Personally I would be looking at booking from September onwards for flights. Hotels in the US are usually charged per room rather than per person so no real advantage in requesting a group rate. Vegas is always busy so don't expect any cheap bargains particularly around St. Patrick's Day.

I wouldn't bother using an agent - book it all yourselves online and always book direct with the airline.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Fares for March 2018 wont be available until late April/May 2017.

Personally I would be looking at booking from September onwards for flights. Hotels in the US are usually charged per room rather than per person so no real advantage in requesting a group rate. Vegas is always busy so don't expect any cheap bargains particularly around St. Patrick's Day.

I wouldn't bother using an agent - book it all yourselves online and always book direct with the airline.

Disagree strongly there. You can get some great deals on third party travel websites. Been using them for years & never had an ounce of bother with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

We've had a great success booking from the hotels own websites. Definitely worth checking as they will offer deals there that wont be on the travel sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

https://www.google.ie/flights/ is the smartest way to book flights these days.

And just do 2 searches for the same dates on the hotel one on Travel Republic and the other on Booking.com and take the cheapest/best options.

I've stayed in probably 75+ hotels in the last 3 years and not once has the hotel website been cheaper. Not once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Google Flights for some reason isn't listing Ethiopian Airlines from Dublin > LAX > LAS which was €438 return for this May. Hotels for a week are about $50 a night for something basic but decent.

As for when is best to book, I reckon there's not much point in worrying too much about that on the flights front. But on accommodation there are bargains and tricks in Vegas that might be worth looking at.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Hi,

Our group of friends have decided we'd like to go to Vegas next year around march 2018, there will be approx 10 or 12 of us (not all couples).

When is the best/cheapest time to make a booking for flights and hotels etc ?
    Is it possible to get a group rate with hotels or do they simply not care as will be booked anyway ?

Is it cheaper to do it separately or else go through an agent ?
    We're hoping to go and be there for st.patricks day next year.

Tks

How long are you going for? 4-5 nights is more than enough for Vegas and bearing that in mind, hotels are usually more expensive on Friday/Saturday nights so aim to stay Sunday to Thursday.

Edit - just realised Patrick's day is on a Friday this year so there goes my idea out the window

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

I'm heading over on Friday 😊😊😊😊

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

I'm heading over on Friday 😊😊😊😊

Advertisement