Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New starter in Creche

Options
  • 10-01-2017 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭

My 10 mth old started in a Creche yesterday. He had a bit of a 'break-in' period last week and did reasonably ok.

Yesterday was his first full day in the Creche - the poor fella was absolutely wrecked when I picked him up at 5 and was also quite fussy for a few hours after when at home.

I am just wondering if this tiredness / fussyness is normal? Is it likely to get better with time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Yeah it's normal, he had an exhausting day of new things and activity, he's bound to be tired and cranky. As he gets used to the longer time there each day he'll be less tired and better able to cope with it. My 20 month old just started doing two four hour days at creche and he comes home wrecked so a 10 month old definitely would.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

Thank you spottybananas!

He's a bit better today- definitely tired but not as fussy. Was playing away on the floor and laughing at my stupid dancing!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Yeah my pair are starting back with our childminder full time shortly, and they are wrecked after just the couple of practice run days too.My older girl was the same when I was working last year and she was in the minders, she was tired by the end of the day amd exhausted by the end of the week.I can't help feeling even more guilty when I see how tired they are in the evening :-( I don't like being a working mother.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

My little man is 16 months and he started creche at 12 months.

For the first month, every drop off was accompanied by a complete melt down (not good for our heartstrings). It was also the same at pick up.

Now he is actually cranky on his days off from creche. Its like he misses being there. I get daily photos, each of which show him smiling and looking very content.

The only thing was when he started creche, he picked up every infection going! He has got over that now tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭appledrop

Hi Veloce I'm in the same boat my little guy started yesterday aswell. He is a bit younger so seems happy enough when we leave him there. His issue is going for his naps in crèche but they are very good + work with him. He has actually been in great form with us in the evening but as you know that could change!

We can't really blame them if they are a little out of sorts. I know I was wrecked myself yesterday after a day at work!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

appledrop wrote: »
    Hi Veloce I'm in the same boat my little guy started yesterday aswell. He is a bit younger so seems happy enough when we leave him there. His issue is going for his naps in crèche but they are very good + work with him. He has actually been in great form with us in the evening but as you know that could change!

We can't really blame them if they are a little out of sorts. I know I was wrecked myself yesterday after a day at work!

Yeah it's been a huge change. He has been sleeping at the creche - albeit a lot earlier than usual. I hope he gets into a routine that works for him.

Advertisement