Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs around Dublin with dartboards?

Options
  • 10-01-2017 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

I live in the dublin 4 area. My locals used to always have dartboards but over time these pubs have turned into dreaded gastro pubs with no life. I really miss the odd game in a local. Sad times indeed.

I've no idea of a decent pub to go for a game anymore.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,911 ✭✭✭✭listermint

erm, have you tried asking the local pubs to get a board in?

Many owners are actually quite open to feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭WeirdoFreak

Yeh I've asked. They're frowned upon.

They don't want any fun what so ever. Just spend your money and go home.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,610 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Yeh I've asked. They're frowned upon.

They don't want any fun what so ever. Just spend your money and go home.

I'd imagine it's because just like pool tables, they do attract a 'rougher' crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Dublin 4 wouldnt be the greatest of areas to do much exciting in a pub,probably would get somewhere in the city centre with a board/pool table, The Living Room on Cathal De Brugha St. might have one, not 100% though

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭buster180

I live in the dublin 4 area. My locals used to always have dartboards but over time these pubs have turned into dreaded gastro pubs with no life. I really miss the odd game in a local. Sad times indeed.

I've no idea of a decent pub to go for a game anymore.

The Landsdown pub had to have a board the last time i was in it around 5 years ago. Great pint of Guinness also :D

• Advertisement

buster180 wrote:
    The Landsdown pub had to have a board the last time i was in it around 5 years ago. Great pint of Guinness also

Yep I used to play down there. But unfortunately it's a gastro pub now like all the pubs around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

callaway92 wrote: »
    I'd imagine it's because just like pool tables, they do attract a 'rougher' crowd.

Sadly this seems to be the case in certain areas. I questioned a pub owner who got rid of his board recently and was taken a back when he more or less told me he didn't like the clientele it was attracting. :rolleyes:

Like ffs, the pub had a team in the local league. That's free advertising and a few guaranteed good nights at the till for home matches. I've hardly ever seen trouble, and I've been involved in local darts on and off since I was 18.

Needless to say the darts players won't be darkening his door again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭SteM

Ned Scanlons on Townsend Street had a board up the last time I passed it by. Not sure if it still does though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Sadly this seems to be the case in certain areas. I questioned a pub owner who got rid of his board recently and was taken a back when he more or less told me he didn't like the clientele it was attracting. :rolleyes:

Like ffs, the pub had a team in the local league. That's free advertising and a few guaranteed good nights at the till for home matches. I've hardly ever seen trouble, and I've been involved in local darts on and off since I was 18.

Needless to say the darts players won't be darkening his door again.

Just another thing on this.

We've a great cross section of the community involved in darts. Professionals, tradesmen, business owners. Darts is a game for everyone.

There's this perception out there that only gurriers play it and it really boils my piss.

That annoys me too. I'd very rarely see any trouble during a game of darts. It's a friendly game that can be enjoyed by all walks of life.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 173 ✭✭HenryHill

The Cardiff Inn
    Finglas , in the bar. Great spot and a great pint of stout.

Advertisement