Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long to get a phoneline installed

Options
  • 10-01-2017 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Does anyone know what the average length is to get a new phone line installed, underground duct has been exposed as directed by Eir but we are waiting for a pole to be installed to connect to the nearest telephone pole. Can't get any straight answers from Eir Open, they just keep giving us forecast dates and one agent even advised that some cases can take up to a year. Despite our frustration at having to wait so long for the line to be installed we were also charged for a modem that we don't have and Eir are saying they don't have the facility to refund us but will credit our a/c. It's an absolute joke, we don't even have a phone line let alone a bloody modem !! 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

sinkadinka wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the average length is to get a new phone line installed, underground duct has been exposed as directed by Eir but we are waiting for a pole to be installed to connect to the nearest telephone pole. Can't get any straight answers from Eir Open, they just keep giving us forecast dates and one agent even advised that some cases can take up to a year. Despite our frustration at having to wait so long for the line to be installed we were also charged for a modem that we don't have and Eir are saying they don't have the facility to refund us but will credit our a/c. It's an absolute joke, we don't even have a phone line let alone a bloody modem !! 
    Hi  sinkadinka,

Thanks for getting in touch. 

The average lead time for a line installation is up to 10 working days however, this will vary depending on the works required to provide service on site. 
    Can you PM me your name & account number & I will check the status of your installation. I can also arrange to have this charge removed for you.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Flossy15

10 days? Ha! What an absolute joke! I've been waiting nearly 8 months and still no sign of any connection being done. I have made a complaint which has been escalated but no one has bothered to get back to me. Complete shambles of a company.

Flossy15 wrote: »
    10 days? Ha! What an absolute joke! I've been waiting nearly 8 months and still no sign of any connection being done. I have made a complaint which has been escalated but no one has bothered to get back to me. Complete shambles of a company.
    10 days is a standard timeframe however if the installation is not straightforward the timeframe will exceed this I'm afraid  Flossy15. I can understand your frustration & sincere apologies for the delays you have experienced. Feel free to PM me your name & account number & I will check this for an update.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

There really isn't any point in doing that to be honest Pamela, I've been sending my details for eir to look into for months now. First I was told my installation date would be August, never happened, then I was told October, again, never happened, last date was in December, and guess what? Now been told my forecast date is February, but I won't hold my breath on that one. So if I send you my account number you will see the forecast date and tell me there is nothing you can do until that date has passed, and believe me, it will pass without any works commencing. You can however find out for me why no one has responded to my escalated complaint, which has also been logged with ComReg.

There really isn't any point in doing that to be honest Pamela, I've been sending my details for eir to look into for months now. First I was told my installation date would be August, never happened, then I was told October, again, never happened, last date was in December, and guess what? Now been told my forecast date is February, but I won't hold my breath on that one. So if I send you my account number you will see the forecast date and tell me there is nothing you can do until that date has passed, and believe me, it will pass without any works commencing. You can however find out for me why no one has responded to my escalated complaint, which has also been logged with ComReg.
    I'm more than happy to check for an update on this  Flossy15 if you would like one. No problem, I'm going through my PM's now & will be back to you shortly.

-Pamela 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭sinkadinka

Have they given you a reason as to what the issue is ? I'm getting really frustrated at the lack of information and shocking customer care that Eir are displaying . Our forecast date has now been moved to 31st Jan and if we have not had work started at that stage we will be lodging a complaint with Com Reg.

No reason whatsoever. I have spoken to so many people in all different departments and all I keep getting is 'we're not authorised to discuss this, you have to call open eir' but when I tried to speak to open eir they say they aren't authorised to talk to customers and I must call eir. Feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall. The thing that gets me is that there is a telephone pole directly outside my house, yet they want to put a new one up in my garden, or dig a trench, they're not quite sure! Definitely go to ComReg if they don't come through on your forecast date, but first you will need to start the complaint with eir, and make sure you tell them you want it escalated to whoever is in charge. There's info about the complaints process on the ComReg site. And I wish you lots of luck!

Thanks flossy, your story sounds exactly the same as us but we haven't been waiting as long as you. On one occasion one of their agents wouldn't speak with me as they said I wasn't authorised on the account though I had put in the order and id been speaking to them several times before that . Totally incompetent and extremely frustrating . Will keep you posted and hopefully you will get sorted soon. 

sinkadinka wrote: »

Have they given you a reason as to what the issue is ? I'm getting really frustrated at the lack of information and shocking customer care that Eir are displaying . Our forecast date has now been moved to 31st Jan and if we have not had work started at that stage we will be lodging a complaint with Com Reg.
    Hi  sinkadinka,

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing a similar issue. Feel free to PM me if there's anything I can help you with.

Thanks,
    Pamela

No reason whatsoever. I have spoken to so many people in all different departments and all I keep getting is 'we're not authorised to discuss this, you have to call open eir' but when I tried to speak to open eir they say they aren't authorised to talk to customers and I must call eir. Feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall. The thing that gets me is that there is a telephone pole directly outside my house, yet they want to put a new one up in my garden, or dig a trench, they're not quite sure! Definitely go to ComReg if they don't come through on your forecast date, but first you will need to start the complaint with eir, and make sure you tell them you want it escalated to whoever is in charge. There's info about the complaints process on the ComReg site. And I wish you lots of luck!

Any luck getting your line installed ? We've logged a complaint with Com Reg, have to wait until the next forecast date passed and then they will get involved apparently . Absolute joke of a company. It would be quicker to build a house than getting a new phone line installed

• Advertisement

Hi Sinkadinka, yes we've finally had the line installed, about a month ago now. The engineer came out and had a look at what needed doing, said he couldn't understand why it hadn't happened sooner as it was a fairly easy job and certainly didn't need a new pole as eir had previously said, all in all took him about three hours and we're now up and running, speed isn't great but I haven't got the energy to complain about that one lol. All I can say is get in touch with ComReg as soon as the forecast date has gone by and they should help speed things up. ComReg phoned me and the next day eir were in touch and then it all happened within a couple of weeks. Hang in there!

Hi Sinkadinka, yes we've finally had the line installed, about a month ago now. The engineer came out and had a look at what needed doing, said he couldn't understand why it hadn't happened sooner as it was a fairly easy job and certainly didn't need a new pole as eir had previously said, all in all took him about three hours and we're now up and running, speed isn't great but I haven't got the energy to complain about that one lol. All I can say is get in touch with ComReg as soon as the forecast date has gone by and they should help speed things up. ComReg phoned me and the next day eir were in touch and then it all happened within a couple of weeks. Hang in there!

That's great, delighted to hear you got sorted ! It's so frustrating but hopefully we will get sorted too. Thanks for the reply

Advertisement