Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kodi or acestream

Options
  • 10-01-2017 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭

A friend mentioned using an android box with kodi and I was wondering if this is worth pursuing.. does kodi offer anything that acestream or windows programs don't offer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,527 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

eyerer wrote: »
    A friend mentioned using an android box with kodi and I was wondering if this is worth pursuing.. does kodi offer anything that acestream or windows programs don't offer?

load kodi up on your computer and check it out first before purchasing anything. plenty of tutorials on the interwebs including youtube. warning, it has a tendency to drive people nuts

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Anyone answering this query would do well to take note of the stickey warning about discussion/advice relating to methods of obtaining subscription services without paying for them.

/Mod hat off.

Kodi (amongst other things) is very effective as a library manager and had a built in player that will play practically anything. It has a learning curve although the steepness depends on your experience in acclimatising yourslef to programs of this sort as well as the degree to which you want to use it. I agree with Wanderer78's advice above - there is no end of tutorials on the web as well as a very detailed wiki and support forum - you'd do well to explore there for a start.

Ritz.

Advertisement