Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Dinner Dance Fashion and styling!

• 10-01-2017 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hey all!

Help would be so so so much appreciated!
    I am heading to my boyfriends gaa dinmer dance in a couple of weeks, I need some help and advice as I have never been to one before!

It's not black tie so I'm pretty sure you can wear what you want, my biggest problem is I have big boobs! I'm a 32F and a size 6-8... such a struggle :(

I don't want his mum to look at me as being slutty and having my boobs out for the occasion so can anyone help me on what to wear or if the dress below will be suitable!

I have heard great reviews about the bye bra breast tape which might go alongside this dress to hold up my boobs for the night!

Please please please any advice would be great!

Thanks xox

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Lilmissmanu

byebra.com/product/boob-tape/

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Lilmissmanu

prettylittlething.com/carllia-red-slinky-choker-neck-cowl-midi-dress.html THE DRESS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Hi Lilmissmanu,

It might be better for you if you post over in Fashion and Appearance, as they will probably be better suited to giving you an answer!

(In my opinion though, you may struggle with that dress a little. The model doesn't look that well endowed, so you will need to keep in mind how it would cope with a fuller bust)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Mod

As robynmorton suggested, the Fashion and Appearance forum is more appropriate for your request so I've moved it there. Please read their charter before continuing posting.

Mars Bar

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I think that dress might be a little ott for a GAA dinner dance to be honest?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I don't think the dress is suitable either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Yeah I agree. I've gone to one and know others who have gone to a few and dresses are usually full length, all different colours and styles, but always full length, and never that low cut either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

The dress is lovely but with your boob size, I think it would be far too revealing. Especially if you are trying to impress the boyfriend's mammy. It sounds like your figure would make most dresses look sexy, you could afford to go more demure here and avoid anything that would draw more attention to your breasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Wexy86

Agree with the other posters, not diner dance type dress. I've been to numerous GAA dinner dances and usually dress how'd I'd dress if I was going to a wedding minus the head wear. Each parish area might be different as noted above some are black tie but my own have never been so maybe ask some other girlfriends if you're friendly what they're wearing or have a flick through last years Facebook pictures if the club/anyone has them up.

Advertisement