Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Benildus secondary

Options
  • 10-01-2017 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi there, can anyone please share some feedback on St. Benildus secondary for boys as we are thinking of sending our boys there in the next few years.

About 10 years ago I came across an article in some national broadsheet entitled "The best education money can't buy" - stating that it was a good an academic education as the best private schools. Since then I have been hearing some comments made about it being only good for sports or that it's gotten very rough. Then recently I happened upon a past pupil (would have done his LC about 25 yrs ago) who told me that unless they were sporty or big and tough they would be "eaten alive" at Benildus and that he recommends to people when they ask him that they should opt for private over this school if possible.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Schools can change in 4 years (especially with new principal and retired staff)...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Might get more replies by posting in South Dublin forum

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

This forum is about supporting LC students, not discussing the pros and cons of individual schools.

There be dragons! ;) ... it can encourage anonymous posters to have a rant about a school for example, when they don't have to take responsibility for what they say.

For that matter, do you want to choose a school based on anonymous reviews?

Wouldn't you be far better asking around and finding current pupils / parents to chat to face to face?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement