Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric underfloor heating

Options
  • 10-01-2017 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭

I just moved into a new apartment and it has electric underfloor heating. I've heard this can be expensive so I am looking for ways to use/optimise it? Our apartment has a day and night time meter. Any help would be appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

fungie wrote:
    I just moved into a new apartment and it has electric underfloor heating. I've heard this can be expensive so I am looking for ways to use/optimise it? Our apartment has a day and night time meter. Any help would be appreciated!

Is the whole place heated with electric underfloor heating or just the bathrooms?

Underfloor heating usually has a slow response time and relies on low energy use but over long periods of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭fungie

Its the whole apartment has electric underfloor heating. I am unsure if you are suppose to use it in the same way you would water underfloor heating.

Hard to find info on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

fungie wrote:
    Its the whole apartment has electric underfloor heating. I am unsure if you are suppose to use it in the same way you would water underfloor heating.

I think you are, I've been involved with it before and it's usually on for very long periods of time while it's cheaper to run at night , it doesn't really store a huge amount of heat in the floor to slowly release during the day, it's just expensive to run.,

Advertisement