Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is there a certain number of customers eir needs to upgrade a line?

Options
  • 10-01-2017 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

I'm living 2.8km by road from an active fibre cabinet. On one map of future roll outs on an eir site I see a blue line coming about 2km up that road, indicating possible future upgrade, but not as far as my home.

At the moment, I am eligible to receive 'up to 2mbps' but when we had broadband we only ever actually got about 0.4mbps download which is not much good for anything.

There are at least 50 homes and a few businesses in the area. Is there a certain threshold of potential customers that eir needs to put in a cabinet or upgrade the line? We've been told the same story for over 4 years that 'eir is constantly upgrading etc and your line may be upgraded in the future'

It would be great if I could get a genuine answer to the above... I understand there may not be an immediate plan to upgrade, but for all of the locals, it's getting more and more difficult to survive without decent not necessary looking for 100mbps, 24 would do, provided it was unlimited.

At the moment, people in the area are limited to mobile broadband, despite being within 3km from 2 active fibre cabinets. Thanks a million.

Comments

Advertisement