Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tv licence in new rental property

Options
  • 10-01-2017 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

I have just moved into an apartment, I am wondering how to find when/if the tv licence is due? The landlord doesn't know when it was last paid at the property.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭cython

fungie wrote: »
    I have just moved into an apartment, I am wondering how to find when/if the tv licence is due? The landlord doesn't know when it was last paid at the property.

If you haven't valid licence document for the address in your possession, then it's basically due now. Even if the previous tenant had a licence, there is no guarantee that it still covers the address, as if they moved on to a new property they may have had the licence moved to that rather than throwing away money on a new one.

Advertisement