Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

turn off / disable/ kill alarm

Options
  • 10-01-2017 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭

Our house alarm is driving me up the walls

right now it is going off for no reason,

I entered the code to unset it but the external bell keeps ringing, I then removed the wire to the board for the external bell - its still going 35mins later

It randomly calls numbers/texts people who were never on the list to ring.

I just want to disable the whole thing, if I just removed all the wires to the board bar the zones, will that kill it?

Its a SecureWatch 2 Type CIE SWB/12.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Have you rung the installation company?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Pauley2

I'm not a true "expert" but if it's as screwed up as you say, dialling random nos, constant screeching etc and driving you (and neighbours) mad at this time of night and you've no installer to call, I'd disconnect the mains, disconnect the battery backup from the main board and then disconnect the 6 wires to the bell (labelled something like: "Bell +, Bell -, Strobe +, Strobe -, BHO, Tamper Return).

The backup battery in the ext bell may keep it going for a while but it should eventually die.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

sound lads will do that, its still going off outside! Its late :(

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Best and easier to power the system down.
    Open the panel , remove the mains fuse & disconnect the battery.

Advertisement