Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maldives & Sri Lanka

Options
  • 11-01-2017 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

Hi All,

We are hoping to go to the Maldives for Christmas 2017. I haven't don't all my research yet but I am looking at bandos. The reason being is because it is a quick ferry ride from MALE.
    Im sure there are many nice islands in the Maldives however my reason for picking bandos is......

I noticed that SRI LANKA is only a 1 hour-ish flight away so we could possibly go there for a day or two! So it would be easier get a quick ferry instead of having to pay twice for a sea plane transfer.

However, my question is what would be the best thing to do in SRI LANKA for a day or two, would need to stay around columbo because of the length of time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Seems a lot of effort (and expense) to visit a country for a day or two. You won't have time to see much and you'll be less inclined to visit there again because you'll perhaps feel like it's been "ticked off your list"

I'd either skip Sri Lanka completely or spend the entire trip there

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭niva*sis

Hi massdebater,

Whenhen I did a bit more research it would make more sense to fly to sri lanka and then continue on to the Maldives instead of being back and forth.
    Sri Lanka was never really on the bucket list but because of being so close it would be a shame not to see some bit of it.

My plan now would be to go there for 2 days (Colombo Area) and then on to the Maldives for 5 or 6 days. Plus I would have more flexibility when I reach the Maldives in terms of which Island to go to.

In Colombo I would really just like to see a temple and walk around the streets and then maybe the second day visit a beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Statesbound

I think if you go to the Maldives, you should look into other islands. Kuoni.co.uk have good offers from UK but V expensive from Australia. Emirates will have the cheapest flights imo. Kuoni had the best accommodation deals on all occasions I looked. The best way to do things is the all inclusive packages. Food and drink is V expensive when you get there so all inclusive actually saves in the long run.
    I spent 24hrs in Colombo and it was really relaxing and def worth seeing. I got the best massage and the best haircut there for €13 each!! Really enjoyed it but didn't see much in the 24hrs.

Advertisement