Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

annual leave

Options
  • 11-01-2017 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    We are being told here at work that we are going 24/7 ,2day 2 nights Inc weekends and public holidays,can someone tell me what hours we are entitled to for annual leave thanks lab man

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

lab man wrote: »
    Hi all,
    We are being told here at work that we are going 24/7 ,2day 2 nights Inc weekends and public holidays,can someone tell me what hours we are entitled to for annual leave thanks lab man

See "calculating annual leave"

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/employment/employment_rights_and_conditions/leave_and_holidays/annual_leave_public_holidays.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭lab man

Is it by the 8% of per hour worked we go by . Thanks lm

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

If you work full time then the statutory entitlement is twenty days per year.

Is that not based on a 39 hr week not a 48 hr week ... sorry for the questions but a lot of ppl asking an we have no union

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Is that not based on a 39 hr week not a 48 hr week ... sorry for the questions but a lot of ppl asking an we have no union

I used work shifts so they did it based on hours.

So we got 20 days x 8 hours so 160 hours leave.

I worked 10 hour shifts, so if I took a day off I had 10 hours deducted, but as I worked a four day week, it worked out the same as for those who did eight hour shifts and worked five day weeks

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭infogiver

your not entitled to any more than 20 days annual leave unless you have a contract stating that your AL is more then that.

There is an argument here with some lads saying once u work fore than a 40 hr week that u are entitled to 178 hrs per year an not 160 hrs ?? Which would be the 8 % rule ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭infogiver

There is an argument here with some lads saying once u work fore than a 40 hr week that u are entitled to 178 hrs per year an not 160 hrs ?? Which would be the 8 % rule ?

you cant use the 8% rule if your working more than 117 hours per month.
    20 days is your max
    the only way to settle the row is to ring employment rights
    the machine will say press button 1,2 etc
    ignore it
    stay on the line until you speak to someone

• Registered Users Posts: 25,970 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

infogiver wrote: »
    you cant use the 8% rule if your working more than 117 hours per month.
    20 days is your max

20 days in the minimum they have to give you.

It can get murky round counting of days, though, where shift work is involved - especially if a shift spans midnight.

So some employers may choose to use the 8% rule in this case, which would give you more than 20 days - if you calculated days at 8 hours/day.

Thanks for all yer help guys !!we had talks with the agency this eve an they agreed to the 8%. So we are happy enough .

• Advertisement
Advertisement