Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T5 fleurescent change outhe ballast

Options
  • 11-01-2017 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

I want to replace a ballast as changing the bulbs has not fixed lighting and no output showing from 1 side of tridonic ballast

The wholesalers gave me a philips tl5 ballast to replace a tridonic ballast.

The Philips has only 6 output terminals compared to 8 on the tridonic.

As far as I can see 2 common wires are joined together with the philips ballast, would that be correct?

http://imageshack.com/a/img923/1691/DzR0qJ.png

http://imageshack.com/a/img924/2995/R5AgcD.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭blueyedson

Added pics with wiring diagrams

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Old-New
    16-1
    15-2
    14-3

11-4
    10-5
    9-6

Just join Old 12&13 together.

As always be careful ensure power off etc.,some fittings have a capacitor that can give you a nasty shock too.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭blueyedson

thanks brighspark
    It's working grand now, joined the 2 together.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭hkjohn

Having been told by the local store where I bought my TL5 rings a couple of years back that they no longer stock them (so much for supporting local vs online businesses!), I went to lights ie. Trouble is the TL5 rings they sent me are about 5 cms bigger (approx 22cms from outer edge to outer edge than the 17cms ring th3ey are replacing) and have 2 x two-pin connectors (One inner edge, one outer edge) rather than 1 x inner edge four-pin inner connector.

Anyone know if the lights ie saupplied ringts will work with the existing housings (they do fit!) or whether it's still possible to buy the older, smaller 1 x four -pin inner connector version?

Thanks in advance for advice, etf

Advertisement