Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help to Buy Scheme

Options
  • 11-01-2017 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi, I'm just wondering what the process is once you've been approved for a mortgage and the HTB will be making up the balance of your deposit. In order to claim the HTB you need to have contracts signed but i've heard stories where the bank will not issue contracts until the full balance is there for deposit so the potentioal buyer is stuck in a loop between the bank and revenue. Any help would be appreciated 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

sinella09 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm just wondering what the process is once you've been approved for a mortgage and the HTB will be making up the balance of your deposit. In order to claim the HTB you need to have contracts signed but i've heard stories where the bank will not issue contracts until the full balance is there for deposit so the potentioal buyer is stuck in a loop between the bank and revenue. Any help would be appreciated 
    Hi sinella09, 

Thanks for contacting us on Boards. 

We're just double checking this for you and will get back to you with an update soon. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

sinella09 wrote: »
    Hi sinealla09, 

We will accept your tax refund as part of your deposit once you have been approved by Revenue for the Help to Buy scheme and the appropriate tax refund is confirmed. If you would like to speak with a mortgage advisor about applying for a Mortgage with us, please send a private message with your name and contact number and we will be happy to arrange a call to you. You can send us a private message by clicking the link in my signature below. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement