Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is the skoda citigo actually practical in daily life?

• 11-01-2017 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hey guys, I need a bit of advice on cars, and namely, the skoda citigo (or any of its identical sisters, as come on, they are the exact same car).

I'm a 24 year old driver who's getting on the road for the first time, and just need a cheap car to run and insure, and something small and easy to learn in.
    My family have dealt with the same skoda dealer for years and as old customers I feel like we get an attention to detail that I won't get anywhere else, so I want to stay with something I can get through a skoda dealer...

....and so I have come to the citigo.. Everything I have seen looks great so far, great mpgs, small litre car, reliable etc. ......BUT......the one thing I worry about is the boot space. Is it actually usable? Most of the online reviews I have seen don't really show it very well. Is it ok for the weekly shop, maybe an electric guitar or two?

Before anybody says to check it myself, I'm up the walls for the next few weeks and I'm just too curious :p

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Will be fine for shopping but anything much bigger will need the back seats folded down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭GavMan

Fabia might be more practical and not much more expensive to run

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Blackstar2081

GavMan wrote: »

Might be a good idea, we had one as a family car before and it was lovely (y)

Would you reckon that the running costs wouldn't be that different so between a 1.2 litre fabia and a 1 litre citigo?
    I can afford to buy either and insuring a 1.2 surely won't be that much more expensive for me compared to a 1 litre...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Would you reckon that the running costs wouldn't be that different so between a 1.2 litre fabia and a 1 litre citigo?
    I can afford to buy either and insuring a 1.2 surely won't be that much more expensive for me compared to a 1 litre...

Oh, you would be surprised with insurance these days.

I was looking at citigo myself at the start of last year ( don't you fing laugh!!!), and did some research on it. From general point of view it gets raving reviews. Very practical for the car that size. Great around town. Good mpg and very nippy in city environment. One thing I wouldn't trust it with is long motorway journeys and of you do majority of driving outside of city.
    With 4 doors you will still get plenty of space to put stuff in. Are you planing moving furniture or corpses? In that case you will need Octavia. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭GavMan

Can't comment on insurance as it's a lottery. You will need to investigate yourself.

Day to day and tax will be pretty negligible though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭corks finest

GavMan wrote: »

Agree,had a fabia,grt car,reliable,and eco

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭corks finest

Not that much difference,,had a 1.2,3 cylinder engine,timing chain,i found it super,,only exchanged it for an automatic,otherwise would have kept for longer,no issues whatsoever,and I do big mileage

Advertisement