Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance gone up

Options
  • 11-01-2017 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭

Lady year was my first time going out on my own policy. It cost me 2050 in a 99 1.4 almera.

I'm 26 with a full licence and got my renewal yesterday of 2290, what's the story here ? I'm a year older and I now have a year no claims so how could it possibly be more expensive ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Its all over the news these days how policies are going up across the board. With a 99 car you will struggle to get quotes elsewhere but all you can do is ring around and try

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057675907

That thread is about insurance for older cars so you might get some tips on who is providing cover from it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

cruizer101 wrote: »
    Its all over the news these days how policies are going up across the board. With a 99 car you will struggle to get quotes elsewhere but all you can do is ring around and try

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057675907

That thread is about insurance for older cars so you might get some tips on who is providing cover from it

Cheers il have a look through that. Would I be better off buying a newer car I wonder ? there's no way I'm paying that anyway

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

TBH and I know this sounds mad but that's not that much of an increase. That it isn't says much about the current insurance debacle in this fine country of ours.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    TBH and I know this sounds mad but that's not that much of an increase. That it isn't says much about the current insurance debacle in this fine country of ours.

Maybe not but they assured me at the start it would go down once I get a no claims.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Maybe not but they assured me at the start it would go down once I get a no claims.

providing your car isn't older then 10,12 or 15 years.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Spokesperson for the insurance industry said yesterday on Matt Cooper, that the average insurance increase this year is 28%.

Rang them up anyway and said it's too expensive , straight away she dropped it to 1850 from 2290. That's just proof they are robbing ***** tbh

I said it's still 2 dear so she dropped it another 40 to 1810 lol

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Rang them up anyway and said it's too expensive , straight away she dropped it to 1850 from 2290. That's just proof they are robbing ***** tbh
    Sure, the judiciary and the get a claim in con artists are a major issue, but that there is a lot of chancers and well dubious gouging in that industry is pretty impossible to deny. Stories like yours(which are a near rule) and sometimes massive price differences in quotes for the same person/car show it.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Advertisement