Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

School visit to company?

Options
  • 11-01-2017 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi

Currently teaching 4th yr Business module. Would like to bring students to a established company for visit.. Tried a few in Dublin but no joy. I know its difficult anyone with past experiences or know of companies willing to allow students in to view operations and small chat. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭endagibson

Try a larger company as they're more likely to have a department that could organise such a thing and maybe have a policy for it.

I know that IBM and Dell both bring in students, etc. You may not be looking for tech companies, but that's where my experience lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Macker1

What about Pharmaceuticals ? Pfizer located in Grange Castle do entertain visits from various schools/colleges. They provide tours and activities.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 dermey97

Open to any type of company.. Thanks Macker1 and endagibson for suggestions. I'll check out tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Glanmore Foods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Try chocolate factory, get tour, history, international trade processes and get to make Your Own chocolate sweets

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Coca Cola have school visits.

Coca Cola have school visits.

I think every school student at some point in their lives goes to the Coke Cola factory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

I think every school student at some point in their lives goes to the Coke Cola factory.

Except in my school were we went nowhere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭JPF82

Try chocolate factory, get tour, history, international trade processes and get to make Your Own chocolate sweets

Yes, I was going to post this. Caffreys Chocolate Factory are very accommodating. Brought a group of 2nd years there last year and a group for LCVP also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭endagibson

Just make sure that when visiting a chocolate factory that the students obey all of the rules. I remember reading a book once about a visit to a chocolate factory that went off the rails; immigrant slavery and workplace accidents were reported.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Sky do a lot of these things, though there's a big presence the majority are call centre agents.

Sky do a lot of these things, though there's a big presence the majority are call centre agents.

Virgin Media probably put the students to work on the call centre phones. Would explain alot.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Virgin Media probably put the students to work on the call centre phones. Would explain alot.

LOL. Harsh but true.

Advertisement