Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

25.1.17 - EFL Semi Final 2nd Leg - Liverpool (0) v Southampton (1) KO 8pm Sky

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

fyfe79 wrote: »
    United will have little trouble against them in the final, a handy 2-0 or so :-(
    Unfortunately true. I was hoping for a Liverpool win tonight, to give utd a decent game in the final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

No, you can't excuse poor refereeing because "we should have scored ourselves anyway"

You had 180 min to score a goal.

Give over blaming the ref for not being able to beat your reserve team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

No, you can't excuse poor refereeing because "we should have scored ourselves anyway"

You waste your chances you take that chance.

The blame for the failure lies with Liverpool, over two legs the clear, deserved winners have gone through

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Can't have any real complaints as something were the best team in both legs, strange how the League Cup is big again and no longer a mickey mouse cup :pac:

Coming across Very bitter. Southampton deserved the win. I doubt their fans think it's a Mickey Mouse cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

180 minutes creating **** all, Southampton well deserved. Hope they can do it now.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Looked like a perfectly good challenge on my screen.

Are we any closer than we were under Houllier, Benitez, Rodgers? Debatable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

martyos121 wrote: »
    Ah stop. We were shîte and deserved nothing from the game, it's hard to accept but we can't blame this one on the ref.

Which I note here (on the LFC thread)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=102404603&postcount=6448

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,288 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

niallo27 wrote: »
    Best team first day but liverpool clearly better team tonight. You can't argue that.

Tonight Liverpool had all the ball but did nothing with it, created a couple of chances but Southampton created the better chances again tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Can't have any real complaints as something were the best team in both legs, strange how the League Cup is big again and no longer a mickey mouse cup :pac:

Even in defeat you can't help yourself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Coming across Very bitter. Southampton deserved the win. I doubt their fans think it's a Mickey Mouse cup
    I have no idea how you construed that post as "bitter".

Bizarre.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Ever since Klopp opened his mouth and said how annoying it must be for Chelsea to go on their best run ever but only be 6 points in front at the top, Liverpool have gone to the dogs.

A coincidence no doubt but managers really shouldn't comment on other teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

those thinking utd will have an easy game, think again. Very arrogant way of thinking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Tonight Liverpool had all the ball but did nothing with it, created a couple of chances but Southampton created the better chances again tonight

The didn't though you could argue that Liverpool could have had two pens too. Everything an underdog does well we seem to give them double or treble the credit. Liverpool were the better side tonight and should have won the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,288 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I have no idea how you construed that post as "bitter".

Bizarre.

Ahh its ok, I am just a cryer to them so I ignore them, what was it pitytillicry or something like that i was called in the United thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

And Southampton were one nil up coming into this game so even having all the ball was inevitable.

Liverpool fans need to look at reality and realise Southampton were quite simply superb over the two legs.

• I have no idea how you construed that post as "bitter".

Bizarre.

Everybody else does. You must be not getting this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

those thinking utd will have an easy game, think again. Very arrogant way of thinking

I didn't see any United fans posting that anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Klopp will surely be sacked if he doesn't get top 4, he has no hope in cups competitions

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    I didn't see any United fans posting that anyway

Have a look in the utd thread.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Well deserved by Southampton. Better team over both legs despite possession stats, which mean f-all if there is no result at the end.
    Liverpool are so bad at getting teams to spread themselves, think they have been figured out to an extent. Sorely missing Mane who is a different option and forces movement. We look very lackluster when teams pack the box and play on the break. A lot of sloppiness sneaking in too.

January has been a f**king awful month for Liverpool. Need to shake this loss off and kick ourselves up the arse for the weekend. Gratz to Southampton and Shane Long. Best mate supports them and is already booking tickets to London :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

how did Liverpool lose when they bought all of Southampton's best players?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

180 minutes creating **** all, Southampton well deserved. Hope they can do it now.

Created a couple of very decent opportunities that weren't converted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Klopp will surely be sacked if he doesn't get top 4, he has no hope in cups competitions

Not sure why I'm even writing a reply, you've no interest in discussion.

But anyway, Liverpool most likely will get top 4, and if they don't it will be a disappointing season. It will still, however, be Klopp's first full season (after joining last year 8 games in and having no pre-season or time to sign players). Just less than two years at the club and falling just short of your goals would not warrant being sacked, not at all.

no he won't. thats very silly. Sure didn't we get to the Europa League and League Cup final last year?

• Ahh its ok, I am just a cryer to them so I ignore them, what was it pitytillicry or something like that i was called in the United thread

You are implying that Southampton don't deserve to go through and also that they thought this competition was a Mickey Mouse cup prior to the game
    Give them credit they deserve
    As for your Utd thread rant, Yea no idea I think you are having a added winge for a bonus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Not arrogant

Just better

Pool man Carragher calling it straight - no pen

Not arrogant

Just bitter

Fixed that for you.

Not arrogant

Just better

well you did beat us in those draws! :pac:

• Advertisement

Carra says no peno no corner, implying a dive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Both carragher and Le tissier say it wasn't a penalty at the end and think they are bang on.

Fully deserved win over the two legs for Southampton. Liverpool didn't really create much bar the sturridge one he put over the bar. For all the possession yee had, there was no cutting edge.

Fixed that for you.

kvKXd.gif

188429_1713672755745_1055956779_31583497_3449502_n.jpg

On the replay, it looks like a dive by Origi.

Fixed that for you.

I challenge you to a game of Street fighter 2!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Seems neither Carragher nor Le Tiss thought it was a penalty. Reading here you'd think it was a stonewaller.
    Again, doesn't matter how poor we've been, the game's been decided by a referee.

rofl.

• Advertisement

Nalz wrote: »
    I challenge you to a game of Street fighter 2!

Good game that had it on the super nintendo.

kvKXd.gif

188429_1713672755745_1055956779_31583497_3449502_n.jpg

If I was asked for an example for a previous conversation this would have been perfect :s c'est la vie. Great winning though!

blueser wrote: »
    On the replay, it looks like a dive by Origi.

Thought it was a pen but he went down easy.

Seen them not given many times.

quarryman wrote: »
    Seems neither Carragher nor Le Tiss thought it was a penalty. Reading here you'd think it was a stonewaller.

rofl.

Why do you get such a kick out of liverpool losing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

rofl.

What happened in your life for such hatred of Liverpool and not other teams like Man Utd (esp as you a Leeds fan) etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

I'm not sure the long ball game suits Liverpool.

It's always the way with certain posters here, Liverpool never deserve to lose, there's always some outside influence causing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Pool man Carragher calling it straight - no pen

I genuinely didn't think it was penalty in the first place. And Alan Smith was saying that they've got away with it, but every replay i've seen suggests the Southampton player won the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Nice finish from Longy

Oirigi made some meal of that... Looked like he some sort of fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Liverpool need to work on their long ball game

I don't think Origi dived, but he wasn't fouled either. Those are not mutually exclusive outcomes.

should I bring up gloryhunting now or later to save us all a lot of time? :p
    think the mods might have a conniption though!

Nalz wrote: »
    Thought it was a pen but he went down easy.

Seen them not given many times.
    Same here. I thought it was when I first saw it. Like they said though, Origi's fall just doesn't look right. Anyway; it's nice to see a "smaller" club get to Wembley. Hard to see Hull repeating the dose tomorrow night though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

Liverpool look they could do with an Andy Carroll type player.

I wonder if klopp has considered Crouchy. He was exactly what was needed tonight.

Klopp complaining about how the other team played. Again.

#tiresome

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement