Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

25.1.17 - EFL Semi Final 2nd Leg - Liverpool (0) v Southampton (1) KO 8pm Sky

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

kvKXd.gif

188429_1713672755745_1055956779_31583497_3449502_n.jpg

Wrong thread, Man U are playing tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Klopp isnt a happy man.

Like he is cracking up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

niallo27 wrote: »
    Why do you get such a kick out of liverpool losing.

I'll tell you what I get a kick out of: reading the complete an utter HORSE**** that you post.

Southampton were deserved winners. More balanced Liverpool posters around you admirably admit as much and they are correct. With all their possession they converted nothing, lost both legs and couldn't score in 3 hours of football. Despite all of that and given the opportunity to concede the above you come out with a gem like this:
    Best team first day but liverpool clearly better team tonight. You can't argue that.

How pathetic to try claw back some useless credit by (incorrectly, as we all know) claiming they were the better team.

Completely, utterly deluded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Thumbs up

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

limnam wrote: »
    Liverpool look they could do with an Andy Carroll type player.

I wonder if klopp has considered Crouchy. He was exactly what was needed tonight.

how so? I would have thought someone like Mane would be far better who can force space and movement by the opposition which was our biggest problem, not someone that could hold up the ball.

oh right you want to imply some sort of cheap dig by saying long ball team or something because thats a little insult you can throw because you like that sort of thing. Good on ya. I'd say arbitrarily choosing to support Manchester United was a hard decision

grid-cell-30437-1437482835-2.jpg

That's one weird interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Good to see Long coming on. No hope of him scoring.
    DrumSteve wrote: »
    Bookmarked for jinx

Goddammit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

quarryman wrote: »
    I'll tell you what I get a kick out of: reading the complete an utter HORSE**** that you post.

Southampton were deserved winners. More balanced Liverpool posters around you admirably admit as much and they are correct. With all their possession they converted nothing, lost both legs and couldn't score in 3 hours of football. Despite all of that and given the opportunity to concede the above you come out with a gem like this:

How pathetic to try claw back some useless credit by (incorrectly, as we all know) claiming they were the better team.

Completely, utterly deluded.

Right so could you tell me what has you so angry and bitter. You didn't answer the question. Did something happen in your past.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Goddammit.
    Game was over anyway it was 3 on 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

monkey9 wrote: »
    Wrong thread, Man U are playing tomorrow.

He was simply clarifying his previous post.

:D

Amazing.

Right so could you tell me what you so angry and bitter. You didn't answer the question. Did something happen in your past.

He can not like Liverpool all he wants tbh. Thats perfectly fine.

and btw Southampton completely deserved to go through, they won 1-0 and 1-0. Take losses on the chin, it happens a lot in life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Oh well, maybe next year will be their year

Thats a little depressing considering its still only january

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Headshot wrote: »
    Klopp isnt a happy man.

Like he is cracking up

Only 1 win in 2017 (against a league 2 side). I think modern 2017 football has passed him by

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I don't think Origi dived, but he wasn't fouled either. Those are not mutually exclusive outcomes.

I didn't see any of the game or the pen decision but I agree that one doesn't automatically mean the other as so many seem to believe.

the real winners, as always, are the Irish fans of Manchester United :( they just do so much winning. Charlie Sheen or something. Please spare us your boasts for thy tongues lash out at our sensitive ears. Surely after all that winning you were sated? Is there perhaps a void which will never be filled within thine selves which has a thirst, a need for such lavish cries of betterness and spite?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Worrying interview if you're a Pool fan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

It's not the winning. It's the taking part that counts

They still have a chance of a trophy this season

partipant3.jpg

• Advertisement

given your tendancy to overblow everything in order to try and wind up Liverpool fans, Im just going to call bollocks on this. I actually liked the interview. Honest, frustrated and showed a real desire - something we have lacked for many many years.
    but hey, cheap digs and all - its a forte. Why did you decide to support Manchester United?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Thats a little depressing considering its still only january

Welcome to being an Arsenal fan 101.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Welcome to being an Arsenal fan 101.

oh dear God no! Dormamu I've come to bargain!

BMMachine wrote: »
    Why did you decide to support Manchester United?

First of all this is the Liverpool v Southampton match thread and secondly why are you keeping this agenda of yours up?

Why? Anyone got a link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

given your tendancy to overblow everything in order to try and wind up Liverpool fans, Im just going to call bollocks on this. I actually liked the interview. Honest, frustrated and showed a real desire - something we have lacked for many many years.
    but hey, cheap digs and all - its a forte. Why did you decide to support Manchester United?

He seems to be cracking up in recent week, his obnoxious dig at long balls before deploying the same tactic himself must have really hurt.

I think he might need a break from management.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

He still ****ing scored.

Beware the power of the jinx.

He seems to be cracking up in recent week, his obnoxious dig at long balls before deploying the same tactic himself must have really hurt.

CRACKING UP.
    BREAK FROM MANAGEMENT.

gotta love the world we live in now. alternative facts indeed.
    Look Manchester United won tonight, isn't that enough?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Have to say that this kind of game is my favorite because the bookies get totally messed over by so many backing the wrong team.

4/1 Southampton win? Yes, please.

407476.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Have to say that this kind of game is my favorite because the bookies get totally messed over by so many backing the wrong team.

You must lose a lot of money gambling because that was a woeful price for Southampton

• Advertisement

• BMMachine wrote: »

Your hypocrisy knows no bounds.
    But hey! We are all glory hunters according to you so let's just not bother posting on boards anymore because glory hunters are not allowed.
    It's like you have a two blocked ears to allow your own delusion to swirl around in your head.

Nalz wrote: »
    First of all this is the Liverpool v Southampton match thread and secondly why are you keeping this agenda of yours up?

it certainly is. That why Machester United fans are posting pictures of banners and trophies?
    agenda? Oh no sir. Im merely pointing out the truth of why those things are being posted. If you can't handle it, theres nothing I can do

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Your hypocrisy knows no bounds.
    But hey! We are all glory hunters according to you so let's just not bother posting on boards anymore because glory hunters are not allowed.
    It's like you have a two blocked ears to allow your own delusion to swirl around in your head.

oh hey Mick! nice signature and location.
    You seem not to be able read my posts properly or you interperet them incorrectly. Post however you want. Im just going to tell you why you post like that. Laughing at others first, supporting the club second.
    You could go into denial about gloryhunting though if you want, its a free world. But hey, you arbitrarily decided to support Manchester United just because you liked them, not because you like laughing at other people.

it certainly is. That why Machester United fans are posting pictures of banners and trophies?
    agenda? Oh no sir. Im merely pointing out the truth of why those things are being posted. If you can't handle it, theres nothing I can do

Just wondering why do you do it? It's clear it irks you and it adds no value to the thread. My last comment on the matter as I don't want to drag it out, but maybe it's best to ignore those posts than ask people why the support a particular club?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

I was sure Liverpool were going to win this game.

Just wondering why do you do it? It's clear it irks you and it adds no value to the thread. My last comment on the matter as I don't want to drag it out, but maybe it's best to ignore those posts then ask people why the support a particular club?

It adds as much value as the gloryhunting itself. But Im just one poster, you guys are many.
    Maybe what Im doing is holding up a mirror. Wanna look at it? Wanna see the value in it?
    Maybe its also because I've been told before how gloryhunting in the culture of Manchester United fans isn't a big thing and certainly not on this website and me and you guys are helping to prove that theory wrong.
    Don't wanna hear about gloryhunting? Don't gloryhunt

Anyone got a link to the interview? Klopps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

It adds as much value as the gloryhunting itself. But Im just one poster, you guys are many.
    Maybe what Im doing is holding up a mirror. Wanna look at it? Wanna see the value in it?
    Maybe its also because I've been told before how gloryhunting in the culture of Manchester United fans isn't a big thing and certainly not on this website and me and you guys are helping to prove that theory wrong.

Do you give this lecture in the LFC thread and United match thread when United are losing?

Or is it reserved for only when Liverpool lose?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

You know life long local fans of clubs take the piss out of their main rivals too don't you.

I actually don't think you know what the definition of gloryhunting is!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Good win for Southampton and they fully deserved it over the 2 legs .They probably should have been out of sight the last day but did enough tonight.

• Have to say that this kind of game is my favorite because the bookies get totally messed over by so many backing the wrong team.

407476.jpg

Great win. Have Utd with this on the double. Fingers crossed tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

oh hey Mick! nice signature and location.
    You seem not to be able read my posts properly or you interperet them incorrectly. Post however you want. Im just going to tell you why you post like that. Laughing at others first, supporting the club second.
    You could go into denial about gloryhunting though if you want, its a free world. But hey, you arbitrarily decided to support Manchester United just because you liked them, not because you like laughing at other people.

Question.

When, in your opinion, is it acceptable that people started supporting a football team and under what circumstances?

How many years of no success does it take for people to start supporting a team and not be a glory hunter?

I'm genuinely curious as to your thinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Anyone got a link to the interview? Klopps

Blaming the wind I hear.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

You must lose a lot of money gambling because that was a woeful price for Southampton

mmb9qajq9swpi8xxy76a_400x400.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

mmb9qajq9swpi8xxy76a_400x400.jpeg

No need.

Grats on your win. Hopefully get many more.

• Advertisement

Liverpool have won more penalties than matches this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Meh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Rod Munch wrote: »
    Question.

When, in your opinion, is it acceptable that people started supporting a football team and under what circumstances?

How many years of no success does it take for people to start supporting a team and not be a glory hunter?

I'd like to find out exactly what date and circumstances he began supporting Liverpool.

Rod Munch wrote: »
    Question.

I don't believe there is an ideal way to start supporting a football club truth be told. I suppose if you grew up near the club and feel a strong connection to the area/town/city then yeah, its gonna happen. But there is no right way.

But there are reasons people decide to support a football club. Ireland I think is in a unique position as we all support British teams, far more than our own, and the reasons as to why are pretty fascinating and can actually tell a lot about society and ourselves. In a way during the early to mid 90s it was a perfect storm of communications, the Premier League and Sky. There was a big boom in British football and Ireland of course got swept up in it. Like there is a generation of Blackburn fans here all because of Shearer and 95. You think anyone is really going to randomly pick Blackburn now compared to then?

Manchester United were pretty much the poster boy of this whole culture too. They had everything if you think about it, Giggs, Cantona, Fergie, Beckham, KANCHELSKIS! :p Like they were everywhere, kind of like a pop band. Liverpool were always the unadjusted little brother in this picture (and maybe complete failure under Souness) so there was always this clash between the two despite most people having 0 connection to them. As far as Ive been able to pick out, Man Utd fans fell into two categories - super winners and super losers. You would always have people who were excellent at football, school, games etc supporting united but as much as them you would have the... well, how to put this, not so gifted people supporting them as frankly, Man Utd could win for them. It sounds strange, but something like Dustin the Turkey supporting United was kind of an indicator of this. Dustin would never really be able to support anyone else given the role he was in as a childrens entertainer, it was always going to be the best team at the time - I'd imagine it would be Liverpool in the 70s & 80s if you get me.

But as I said the other day, this culture manifests itself online and comes out in the most ridiculous and petty ways. A few pages ago a Manchester United fan posted a big picture of a cup. The only intent was to brag and annoy people and they do this because thats the culture they associate themselves with when it comes to football. Manchester United provide a platform for people to do this from a relatively safe distance (although since Fergie left this hasn't been nearly as safe :s ). In me bringing up gloryhunting all Im doing really is holding up a mirror with it right there for people to see and as I said, they generally respond in one of two ways - ignore it or over-compensate in an attempt to deny it exists. Its not going to go anywhere anytime soon because its so hard wired into the culture of supporting in Ireland but by shining a light on it, it might put things in perspective and get intelligent people to look at what they are doing in a different light which is only ever a good thing in my eyes :)

I had someone on ignore but was wondering what kind of madness was inspiring the responses.

Holy F*ck! :eek:

Back on the ignore, I've seen enough.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement