Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to get deeds of house, held in Branch.

• 11-01-2017 4:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭

Afternoon,

An elderly relative who doesn't use internet is trying to get the deeds of his house. They are held in a branch in Co. Meath. He no longer lives there. He has asked his own branch in Kildare on numerous occasions, but has got no response.

Is there a central address where he can write or email (I'll do that for him), and if so, can you tell me what information is required.

Unfortunately he no longer drives and we are all at work during bank opening hours, otherwise we would take him to the branch in Meath.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Usually when the mortgage is paid off, you pay €3k to the bank and they then release the deeds.

I'd say it's likely he is dealing with low level staff in the bank who are unsure what to do, so they just ignore, which is not right really. Hopefully someone here from BOI will direct him.

Has he paid off the mortgage? If not they have to hold onto the deeds. If he has, then excellent, fix them up and get the deeds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Mortgage is paid in full. He is hoping to sell and downsize so needs the deeds!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Afternoon,

An elderly relative who doesn't use internet is trying to get the deeds of his house. They are held in a branch in Co. Meath. He no longer lives there. He has asked his own branch in Kildare on numerous occasions, but has got no response.

Is there a central address where he can write or email (I'll do that for him), and if so, can you tell me what information is required.

Unfortunately he no longer drives and we are all at work during bank opening hours, otherwise we would take him to the branch in Meath.

Many thanks.
    Hi Spanish Eyes, thanks for getting in touch and I’m sorry to hear that your relative hasn’t had a response yet.

Please can you ask him to call 01 611 3333 (choose option 3 on the menu followed again by option 3 for title deeds).

I hope this helps, please let me know if you need anything else.
    Nicola

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Thanks Nicola

I'll try that tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭More Music

myshirt wrote: »
    Usually when the mortgage is paid off, you pay €3k to the bank and they then release the deeds.

I'd say it's likely he is dealing with low level staff in the bank who are unsure what to do, so they just ignore, which is not right really. Hopefully someone here from BOI will direct him.

Has he paid off the mortgage? If not they have to hold onto the deeds. If he has, then excellent, fix them up and get the deeds.
    What's this about? When you have paid your mortage in full you then have to pay another €3k extra to get your deeds back?

• Advertisement
Advertisement