Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drynam Hall - New Phase

Options
  • 11-01-2017 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

They've started work on the next phase at Drynam Hall in Kinsealy. 150 houses and 25 apartments in total give or take. They've cleared a lot of the site and look to be building the first few houses, probably as show homes. The original planning permission had lapsed but it was extended early last year around the time it was sold to Ardstone according to this: https://www.irishtimes.com/business/commercial-property/ardstone-capital-to-buy-six-nama-sites-for-50m-1.2625613

Anybody know anything about the development? Who is managing it here or what the timelines are?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭McAlban

Drynam hall or the area in Orange?

AFAIK residents in Phase one were objecting en masse to phase 2 going ahead.

406082.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

The blue area alright. I don't know why the residents are objecting now. The plans were always there to finish this development and the planning permission hasn't changed since 2010 or even earlier.

They've started building in the small section between the access road and the existing house beside the orange site in the map. They have a few foundations done and I think they've started building the rising walls. I'd expect the showhouses to be ready by the summer but I'm not sure what the overall timescale is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

The developers better fix the road leading up to the estate - its in an absolute state with all the diggers and dump trucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭orionm_73

Given the demand for houses at the moment with people queuing overnight and buying off plans, is it unusual that there is no information on site or online about this development? Apart from the planning permission I can't find anything about layout/houses/prices...

orionm_73 wrote: »
    Given the demand for houses at the moment with people queuing overnight and buying off plans, is it unusual that there is no information on site or online about this development? Apart from the planning permission I can't find anything about layout/houses/prices...

We've been saying the same thing. The planning application has very thorough maps and drawings though so you can see what house type is going where exactly. It does look like the first few will be ready as showhouses in a few weeks so I'm very surprised there isn't any promotion. There isn't even a sign at the site itself.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'm convinced it's tactical, designed to foster an air of 'exclusivity'.

No offence to anyone living in Drynam Hall but there's not a whiff of exclusivity off the development. I'll be interested to see where the prices are pitched compared to Miller's Glen and Ridgewood. Both of those seem to be superior in terms of size and layout so we'll see where these ones come in.

Could it be that it's being developed by a housing association? That might explain the lack of promotion. Would they usually develop as big a site as this?

Could it be that it's being developed by a housing association? That might explain the lack of promotion. Would they usually develop as big a site as this?

I'd very much doubt it. The site was bought by a London based property investment group. Unless they've gone into a public/private partnership, but I can't see it.

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/commercial-property/ardstone-capital-to-buy-six-nama-sites-for-50m-1.2625613

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭wazzer1

Heard there is issue with dampness in the Ashfield phase of houses in Ridgewood already. Not good when some people havent even moved in!!

• Advertisement

There's another development started down beside O'Brien landscapes off streamstown lane. Looks like they are block built and very big. They're going to be nice I'd say but ludicrously priced.

Just walked past the Drynam Hall phase. First few houses progressing quickly. To my untrained eye it looks like they will finish the first few houses either side of the road (based on the state of the foundations) and they will be the show houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭mickmmc

I drove past the site today and the developer still has not put up signs to promote the development. The developer could have sold all the units to a Housing Association, which was mentioned above.

http://www.muileann.ie/gallery/
    Looks to have gone online. Thoughts about the name??

• Registered Users Posts: 24,382 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Are you from the area because exclusivity is not what comes to mind when I think of Drynam?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'm from Swords, yes. It just seems to me that a lot of the time developers foster an air of secrecy about these new developments lately in order to make them seem more exclusive than they are :)

Notions :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,228 ✭✭✭plodder

Muileann means mill in Irish. I like it, if there's some connection to an actual mill in the area.

plodder wrote: »
    Muileann means mill in Irish. I like it, if there's some connection to an actual mill in the area.

I reckon it's bullsh1t. We were thinking of buying there and moving from close by but if the prices are too much then I'll happily take a bump in our own house value and move somewhere worse.

tobsey wrote: »
    I reckon it's bullsh1t. We were thinking of buying there and moving from close by but if the prices are too much then I'll happily take a bump in our own house value and move somewhere worse.

Freudian slip!! That was meant to say "somewhere else" at the end.

I heard that the four beds will be around 420k. Out of my price range unfortunately. You'd assume three beds will be around 350k if that's the case. If I got 320k for my three bed in the area I'd sell in a heartbeat and get something with much better value I think.

• Advertisement

2 beds 270k according to daft and MyHome. No price up yet for the 3 or 4 beds. Launching on June 17th. The showhouses look ready to go already.

MyHome now saying 360k for four beds. That might be more achievable for us. We're not FTB though so won't get the help to buy. For that reason I think there might be better value for us in the second hand market but four beds in our bracket are very rare.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

tobsey wrote: »
    MyHome now saying 360k for four beds. That might be more achievable for us. We're not FTB though so won't get the help to buy. For that reason I think there might be better value for us in the second hand market but four beds in our bracket are very rare.

...and 4 days from that, they increased the price by 20k to 380k.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

The construction is a absolute joke for residents in Drynam at the moment - dust everywhere, not damp dusting enough, constantly getting stuck/delayed behind cosntruction vehicles, restructing parking, putting in a one way system on our estate, half the time the lights arent working. They managed to block are only entrance/exit for 50 mins today due to stupdiity. Hopefully the finished product will look lovely but its going to be a total pain during the construction phase.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

Redpunto wrote: »
    The construction is a absolute joke for residents in Drynam at the moment - dust everywhere, not damp dusting enough, constantly getting stuck/delayed behind cosntruction vehicles, restructing parking, putting in a one way system on our estate, half the time the lights arent working. They managed to block are only entrance/exit for 50 mins today due to stupdiity. Hopefully the finished product will look lovely but its going to be a total pain during the construction phase.
    Have to agree a major pain in the posterior don't even bother washing the car anymore its a waste of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

I'm wondering how do existing residents who work in the city centre commute via public transport.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

xboxdad wrote: »
    I'm wondering how do existing residents who work in the city centre commute via public transport.

Thank you.
    The Swords express stops to far side of the M1 both ways the nearest stop is approx 8 minutes walk and it takes 20 minutes to get to the city center its a great service and they have quite a large amount of buses running at peak. either that or the 43 from Dublin bus but they are rare as rocking horse ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

The Swords express stops to far side of the M1 both ways the nearest stop is approx 8 minutes walk and it takes 20 minutes to get to the city center its a great service and they have quite a large amount of buses running at peak. either that or the 43 from Dublin bus but they are rare as rocking horse ****e.

Also to note a lot of people from Kinsealy get the train from Portmarnock which is 6-8 minute drive at most to the station.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 martyfr

Hello, I've been having a read of some of the comments about Muileann, and the earlier fears that the development was being built for social purposes. By this stage I'm fairly certain the estate is being built purely for people seeking to buy a home. I do have a question about the existing apartments/duplex homes currently on Drynam Ave; can anyone tell me if these are all social homes or not? And for any existing members who currently live in Drynam Hall; can you tell me if you think this is a good area to raise a young family. Many thanks.

• Advertisement

martyfr wrote: »
    Hello, I've been having a read of some of the comments about Muileann, and the earlier fears that the development was being built for social purposes. By this stage I'm fairly certain the estate is being built purely for people seeking to buy a home. I do have a question about the existing apartments/duplex homes currently on Drynam Ave; can anyone tell me if these are all social homes or not? And for any existing members who currently live in Drynam Hall; can you tell me if you think this is a good area to raise a young family. Many thanks.

The duplexes on Drynam Avenue are a mix of social housing, affordable housing and private ownership.

Advertisement