Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experiences - Insurance increase after claim?

Options
  • 11-01-2017 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Hi,

I was in a small accident recently and the other party's bumper will need to be replaced. It was my fault and I was going to settle privately originally but after getting some advice on this forum decided to go through my insurer.

I have the option of paying in full for the cost of repairs (1270 euro) before the premium comes up for renewal in August, and it will be considered that a claim was not made on the policy. Would appreciate any experience or guidance as to whether this is the best option to take.

I had step back so looking at my NCB (6 years at 60% - 690 euro NCB), looks like this would set me back 300 euro per year on the NCB if I drop down to 3 years at 40%.

However - presumably I would now be tagged as higher risk.

Anyone any idea whether I would now be looking at crazy premiums if I don't settle this in full?

Advertisement