Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celbridge Draft Area Plan - 3500+ new houses

1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

2ndcoming wrote: »
    I doubt they have the right to do that as it's not Dublin Bus operating the service.

It's not perfect but it's not exactly the Enigma Code, it runs at the same time and meets the same trains every day.

I'd imagine it'd be even more successful with a few signs and timetables around the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭Joe Public

That old redbrick shopping centre had so many shops in it.
    Upstairs shops it had a music shop, i remember buying a sister sledge single from there and a material world for knitters and clothes makers.
    Then ground floor shops it had a footwear shop, Jimmy's newsagents,a bakery, Walshes pharmacy and Quinnsworth.
    Then it burnt down.

Burnt down??? Thought it was knocked down to build the new Tesco about 13 years ago.

Was there a fire some time previous to this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

Joe Public wrote: »
    Burnt down??? Thought it was knocked down to build the new Tesco about 13 years ago.

Was there a fire some time previous to this?

when it was quinnsworth there was fire one night but i dont recall it being a massive one. Shop may have shut a few days max and only the quinnsworth was affected. You are talking early 90's thinking 92/93.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

Looks like planning going in for 425 homes in the field beside crodaun

https://kfmradio.com/news/30042019-1216/proposal-425-new-homes-celbridge-under-consideration

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Most populated towns in Ireland and we are 16th

Drogheda, Louth (40,956)
    Swords, Fingal (39,248)
    Dundalk, Louth (39,004)
    Bray, Wicklow (32,600)
    Navan, Meath (30,153)
    Kilkenny, Kilkenny (26,512)
    Ennis, Clare (25,276)
    Carlow, Carlow (24,272)
    Tralee, Kerry (23,691)
    Newbridge, Kildare (22,742,)
    Portlaoise, Laois (22,050,)
    Balbriggan, Fingal (21,722,)
    Naas, Kildare (21,393,)
    Athlone, Westmeath (21,349)
    Mullingar, Westmeath (20,928,)
    Celbridge, Kildare (20,288,)
    Wexford, Wexford (20,188,)
    Letterkenny, Donegal (19,274)
    Sligo, Sligo (19,199)

Wheres the infrastructure we need and the 2nd bridge ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭CCR

https://m.myhome.ie/commercial/kildare/commercial-property-in-celbridge?page=1&sortOrder=most%20recent

A lot of commercial units for sale on Main Street in Celbridge. Would be great some new businesses invest but hard to see that happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Shandon

CCR wrote: »
    https://m.myhome.ie/commercial/kildare/commercial-property-in-celbridge?page=1&sortOrder=most%20recent

A lot of commercial units for sale on Main Street in Celbridge. Would be great some new businesses invest but hard to see that happening.
    That's an unbelievable amount of properties for sale on the main street! It's around half the street I'd say.

What is the land zoned community/educational for beside Hazelhatch Park? I thought the new school was going behind the graveyard at donaghcumper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Mickel

I have lived in Celbridge since I was born. I have seen quite a number of changes over the years.

Are any of you aware that Planning Permission was granted for the development of 251 Dwellings on the land across from Scoil Na Mainisteach. It is wrong that permission was granted, why; it has destroyed the wildlife living on it and it is prone to flooding. Are any of you considering taking it to Court and hoping that the Court would rule in our favor. The site has been cleared to some extent and hoarding is about to be erected.

On the east side of Crodaun, Ardstone Homes applied to build houses on that land? whats the story with that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭L1011

If something has gone to site clearance stage you are likely months late to lodge a challenge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

L1011 wrote: »
    If something has gone to site clearance stage you are likely months late to lodge a challenge

Yup... that ship has sailed, back late 2019 IIRC.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Mickel

Permission was granted for apartments on St Annes Park in Raheny. It has gone to site clearance and people are taking it to court. Does anyone even care that we share the world with animals, they have a right to live in their natural habitat without humans destroying it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Mickel wrote: »
    Permission was granted for apartments on St Annes Park in Raheny. It has gone to site clearance and people are taking it to court. Does anyone even care that we share the world with animals, they have a right to live in their natural habitat without humans destroying it.

That's still within the time window to do so

If you've missed the time window you can't magically un-miss it.

Advertisement