Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Add another Account (Savings)

Options
  • 11-01-2017 7:40pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hello, right now I just have a current account, but I would like a second account to use as a savings account. It will only be small amounts of money - not that bothered about interest, but i need to be able to esaily transfer money between my accounts whenever I want.

I went to open a savings account but it says I can only put money in with a  monthly direct debit. This does not suit me.

Cant I just have a second account I can transfer money into and use as a savings?
    How do i go about doing this?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Zascar wrote: »
    Hello, right now I just have a current account, but I would like a second account to use as a savings account. It will only be small amounts of money - not that bothered about interest, but i need to be able to esaily transfer money between my accounts whenever I want.

I went to open a savings account but it says I can only put money in with a  monthly direct debit. This does not suit me.

Cant I just have a second account I can transfer money into and use as a savings?
    How do i go about doing this?
    Thanks
    Hi Zascar, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

We do offer a Demand Deposit Account that will allow you to move your funds freely between this account and your BOI current account, it does not operate by direct debit. 

We have more info on this account type here

As you have an existing current account with us, you can call our Account Opening Team on 1890 35 44 54 /     00353 14044034 and an Advisor can open this new Demand Deposit Account over the phone. The new account details will be given to you before the end of the call and the opening process of the account takes approx 48 banking hours.

Our Advisors are available Mon-Fri 9am-6pm 
                                              Sat 10am-2pm

We hope this information helps, any further questions please feel free to come back to us.

Many Thanks
    Alison

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Perfect thanks!

Advertisement