Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poll- Do you care about Trump's taxes?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Bozacke

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

That's where I disagree. If you were a Republican and you voted for Johnson, that might be OK, but any Democrat who voted for a 3rd party candidate, unbeknownst to them, they helped elect the worst president in US history!

A protest vote is one thing, but doing it and allowing a Trump presidency is another.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Whether Trump releases his taxes or not won't make any difference to who the POTUS is.

Take the scenerio he releases his taxes and there is an issue with them. It won't result in an impeachment. (Remember Clinton lied under oath and remained president.) He'll just be forced to resolve it with the IRS

Whether people morally agree have a problem with a president's personal life, it rarely results in the downfall of a president. And that's essentially what people are hoping for here.

I'm not a Trump supporter btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭eire4

Well not surprisingly Trump or rather his mouthpiece Conway has just announced that he will not be releasing his taxes even after his audit is done which of course was his excuse for not releasing them before the election. So once again Trump has outright lied and it really just makes it look very strongly that he has something to hide because of his refusal to release them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

SeamusFX wrote: »
    Trump says public doesn't care 'at all' about his taxes.

Well maybe the stupid people that voted for him don't care about his taxes, but they're the same people that would jump off a bridge if he asked them. So please respond if you care about his taxes or not and also indicate if you are a Trump supporter or not.

If Trump is to be president (so scary), he needs to be president for all the people, but just the 46% that voted for him and that was just 26% of eligible voters.

I want to see his Taxes, the American people need to know the truth about his finances and yes, I did not and never would or could vote for a habitual liar like Trump!

Is this an Irish forum or have we gone west? What is the whole issue regarding Trump? He was elected democratically by the American public and hey presto!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Oh, I am quite willing to accept that the stories about Trump were true. Part of the reason I didn't vote for him. And, if you don't mind, I'll be the judge of my issues I had with all the candidates.

+1

I also did not vote for Donald Trump in the Primaries nor the election; however, I had serious reservations about all the candidates on the Republican ballot and some serious concerns about Clinton's underlying policy.

I would have preferred Clinton to Trump by a huge margin, which is why I voted for her.

I have also removed my registration for the Republican primaries as a result of Trump's nomination btw. I don't feel that the current Republican ideals of social conservatism and fiscal recklessness reflect my political views.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,945 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭SeamusFX

That's like someone who didn't bother to vote saying "He won by more than one vote, so my vote wouldn't have made a difference any way". Unfortunately it doesn't work that way, because if you get a million people saying the same thing, then it does make a difference. I really wish the US could have a 3rd party and in the past I voted for some 3rd party candidates, but the reality is, a 3rd party candidate can't win, at least not now and probably not for a long time, if ever. If there was little difference between a Republican and Democrat candidate, I wouldn't have a problem with voting 3rd party, but there is a huge difference between Hillary and Trump and Hillary isn't even that good, it's just that Trump is soooo bad! I'm not just blaming 3rd party voters, I'm also blaming Hillary, the Democrats, people that didn't vote the Republican party and the people that voted for Trump, particularly those that will be hurt by a Trump presidency and many of his supporters will be hurt by him.

Now that trump and his minister of propaganda are claiming millions voted illegally, I propose they should void the election and have a new election and as long as the Russians don't hack it, I'm sure it would be a landslide against Trump, but we know that will never happen. I just hope America and the world can survive 4 years of Czar Trump!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭SeamusFX

That's the problem, people went with Johnson even though they knew he couldn't win and this helped the cancer get elected and even if the Libertarians got the 5% and received funding, it would still be years, if ever, before they have a real chance of competing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

In that instance I don't think the problem are people like Permabear at all, the problem are the 50+ percent of voters who will vote for the letter D or R. Not the policies or candidate, just the letter which on many cases means more to them than their country. Let's say Trump turns the US into a third world country within a year, complete hypothetical of course but let's say he somehow manages it, there are people in the US, lots of them (and at least one in this thread) who if given teh chance to go back and change their vote would still not, because the letter D or R means more to them than their own country or even their own individual wellbeing. Personally I think Republicans are worse for this due to the religious tie in, often of a fundamentalist nature, but it doesn't mean the democrat voter base is squeaky clean in it either.

If people had been more honest to themselves and also not sat at home because they didn't like either of the two frontrunners, you'd have seen significantly higher turnout and probably over 40% of the outing go to Johnson, Stein, McMullan and others. If people had any copies on they'd be doing that already, and the internet has the potential to do huge, huge damage to the two party platform if candidates can strike the right chord, especially as the baby boomers doe out.

But then again, as we've all seen on this forum, a shocking number of people would happily ride on the back of a nuke aimed right at their own country so long as the letter D or R was painted on the side of it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Well, the way things are going, years is still sooner than never having a choice other than the two disasters which are the D and R parties. I'm willing to play the long game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Well, the way things are going, years is still sooner than never having a choice other than the two disasters which are the D and R parties. I'm willing to play the long game.
    It would take some upheaval in the system to acheive that. Not sure how you'd even go about getting something like that started.

Advertisement