Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New starter bike

Options
  • 11-01-2017 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi I'm going to join a club and start cycling to get fit and was looking for suggestions on my first bike I'm 5ft 10 and just over 16st

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

What is your budget.
    Do you have access to bike to work scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,084 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Canyon ENDURACE AL 5.0, €899
    https://www.canyon.com/en-ie/road/endurace/endurace-al-5-0.html
    Size M, probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Thekopkid

I can't do the bike to work but was hopping to get away with €1000/€1200 for bike and accessories to get me started

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

Well Lumen has started the ball rolling with a good suggestion within your price range. You could also search the adverts thread here for some good value.

The general consensus seems to be to spend as much as possible on the bike and then build up the accessories and clothing rather than trying to shoehorn everything in at once and getting a cheaper bike.

Advertisement