Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property Registration Authority mapping, 9 months after close still not done

Options
  • 11-01-2017 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi all

The Property Registration Authority, apparently they are slow, but 9 months?!

Solicitor closed in March last year but we are still waiting for the map to be rubber stamped off as me on the folio. I was advised to write a letter of expedite. Since I'm not sure about how the property system works would it be fair to state in this letter that I cannot sell the house on, put in a planning application for the house renovations until PRA have done their bit? Any other good points I should state?

My solicitor still owes me 300 euro of excess funds I gave him to close and is waiting for the paperwork from PRA before he gives me all the paperwork deeds etc. At the moment I have no paperwork that states I own the house and I haven't chased him about the money assuming he will go through that when it finally finishes. Can anyone advise?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,360 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I don't think there is anything unusual there tbh.
    I'd give them a year anyway.
    If you search land direct and click on your property / plot, you should see that there is a transaction pending.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

I don't think you have to be registered owner to apply for planning permission.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,360 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

sorry, didn't see your comments re selling on or applying for planning.
    It's certainly not an issue re planning application and I doubt it would be a problem if you wanted to sell tomorrow.
    I wouldn't worry at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭marsbar1

Hi guys, the status is mapped so it is going somewhere. They really take a year to finish it?

Is it worth writing this letter or just wait? I do want to get my paperwork and money back from sol though

Advertisement