Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enquiring as to when a cabinet will go live.

Options
  • 12-01-2017 1:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello,

As the title simply states, I am enquiring when an eFibrecabinet will go live in my area. 
    I have rang eir in regard to this before back in October, as the cabinet has been in the state of "Completion Work in Progress" Since about September and was told at the end of November the cabinet would be live. 
    We are now half way through January and I still don't have fibre. 
    Being honest, I'm not shocked at all about this because eir have done nothing but give me false info for the past four years about fibre optic. 
    I'm a small business owner with ambitions to expand and to be quite frank if there was a different option for uncapped internet I would 100% have jumped ship by now. Your inability to give your customers a time frame that is even marginally accurate is astounding. 
    All I'm looking for is a straight answer of either "Your cabinet will be turned on on the date of 'X'" or "I do not know when the cabinet will go live".
    The cabinet in question is "CYA1_002".

Regards,
    Christopher.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

TheTitan wrote: »
    Hello,

As the title simply states, I am enquiring when an eFibrecabinet will go live in my area. 
    I have rang eir in regard to this before back in October, as the cabinet has been in the state of "Completion Work in Progress" Since about September and was told at the end of November the cabinet would be live. 
    We are now half way through January and I still don't have fibre. 
    Being honest, I'm not shocked at all about this because eir have done nothing but give me false info for the past four years about fibre optic. 
    I'm a small business owner with ambitions to expand and to be quite frank if there was a different option for uncapped internet I would 100% have jumped ship by now. Your inability to give your customers a time frame that is even marginally accurate is astounding. 
    All I'm looking for is a straight answer of either "Your cabinet will be turned on on the date of 'X'" or "I do not know when the cabinet will go live".
    The cabinet in question is "CYA1_002".

Regards,
    Christopher.
    Hi  TheTitan,

Thanks for getting in touch. 

I have checked our latest NGA rollout file & the estimated timeframe for this cabinet is 3-6 months. 

I can understand your frustration completely & the importance of efibre for your business. The dates we provide online are estimated and we would be unable to guarantee a date as the time taken to upgrade the line to efibre will vary depending on the level of work involved and whether consents from road and planning authorities and private landowners are necessary. This would be why we have been unable to provide an exact date the cabinet will be active in your area. Apologies I could not offer you better news today.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Advertisement