Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hibernia 2017 interview timings/ advice

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Has anyone who got accepted to start in April Heard anything from the college since paying? All I know is we are starting online the 3rd of April and are in ucd the 8th. When should we get our log in details and student cards? Well done to everyone who got accepted!

youll get your ID at the first conference in Dublin, the online will give you a fortnight to get used to using the online system.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 canaryfairy

Amyfxo wrote: »
    I have my interview tomorrow and I felt ok about everything until now lol equally as nervous for the English interview as the Irish

Don't worry @Amyfxo, it really won't be as bad as you think. (Easier said than done I know) It will just be a general conversation about why you want to be a teacher and why you think Hibernia is the right fit for you. It will fly by and will be over before you know it!

Let us know how you get on! Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Laurah3000

I have my interview tomorrow and I felt ok about everything until now lol equally as nervous for the English interview as the Irish

I've mine Friday so scared not confident in the Irish

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Has anyone who got accepted to start in April Heard anything from the college since paying? All I know is we are starting online the 3rd of April and are in ucd the 8th. When should we get our log in details and student cards? Well done to everyone who got accepted!

I assumed we would have received some information by now, but seeing that others still have interviews this week, I'm guessing it will be next week before we hear anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Amyfxo

Laurah3000 wrote: »

Thanks ross and canaryfairy, I'll let you know how mine goes today lol

• Advertisement

So I just had mine was hard to say how it went, thought the English was better..

In English I was asked a lot on my application as I'm an SNA also, dealing with a difficult colleague, if an unforseen circumstance arose how would I deal with it, 5 adjectives to describe myself, what I could bring to the classroom, why I want to be a teacher, positive influence, what IT skills I had, why I chose Hibernia, what I would find most difficult about teaching also said you've 2 minutes to talk about anything at all.

She tested me in all tenses in the Irish ,didn't ask a lot of questions I had prepared focused a lot on my application, my job, my interest in music and sport what I do every day would I like to go on holidays next year.

So I just had mine was hard to say how it went, thought the English was better..

In English I was asked a lot on my application as I'm an SNA also, dealing with a difficult colleague, if an unforseen circumstance arose how would I deal with it, 5 adjectives to describe myself, what I could bring to the classroom, why I want to be a teacher, positive influence, what IT skills I had, why I chose Hibernia, what I would find most difficult about teaching also said you've 2 minutes to talk about anything at all.

She tested me in all tenses in the Irish ,didn't ask a lot of questions I had prepared focused a lot on my application, my job, my interest in music and sport what I do every day would I like to go on holidays next year.

Congrats on getting through it! You'll probably hear back with a day or two, so no long wait. Go and enjoy an evening off, the stressing is done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 time2move

I had mine on Tuesday and just got the email confirming I have a place on the April admission group. Am shaking with relief!! Best of luck Amy, you might get your news tomorrow!

time2move wrote: »
    I had mine on Tuesday and just got the email confirming I have a place on the April admission group. Am shaking with relief!! Best of luck Amy, you might get your news tomorrow!

Congrats time2move! It's such a relief isn't it? ðŸ˜
    What county are you from, trying to see if anyone here will be in my regionals?

Congrats on getting through it! You'll probably hear back with a day or two, so no long wait. Go and enjoy an evening off, the stressing is done :)

Well done on doing it ☺️I'm so disappointed my reference didn't come through on time so I had to cancel my interview tomo 😒 Have to wait till sept now was the interview long ?

• Advertisement

Well done on doing it ☺️I'm so disappointed my reference didn't come through on time so I had to cancel my interview tomo 😒 Have to wait till sept now was the interview long ?

Laura that's such a pity. I met another candidate at my interview who said she heard the fees are being increased to 15k for September. Is there no way you can get reference emailed to you and try for April , I just had an emailed reference?

Laura that's such a pity. I met another candidate at my interview who said she heard the fees are being increased to 15k for September. Is there no way you can get reference emailed to you and try for April , I just had an emailed reference?

That is true about the fees. Its going up every year

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Roisinnolan

I assumed we would have received some information by now, but seeing that others still have interviews this week, I'm guessing it will be next week before we hear anything.

Oh ok at least we're all in the same boat! Ok perfect there cutting it fine tho aren't they!

Just saw on the website the fees are down for 15,000, 7,500 to pay for both years! That's some increase

Congrats on getting through the interview the relief after it is unreal! Best of luck with finding out if you get a place or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Renno123

Hi everyone. I am getting my application together for September.
    I have just noticed the fees increase today from 12,500 to 15,000!!!! that is some jump.
    It's hard enough to come up with 12,500 never mind 15,000

Yes Renno, that's a huge increase. It might make it unaffordable for some candidates which is unfortunate . I'm glad I got in at the current rate. Best of luck with your application.

Yes Renno, that's a huge increase. It might make it unaffordable for some candidates which is unfortunate . I'm glad I got in at the current rate. Best of luck with your application.

thanks, And congratulations on getting in! I will apply anyway and may defer for the year to save up. :)

Renno123 wrote: »
    thanks, And congratulations on getting in! I will apply anyway and may defer for the year to save up. :)

Have you checked if the INTO Credit Union have increased their loan scheme too? It might be worth checking out, as they offer a ten year loan for the course :)

I received my offer today, I'm over the moon, thanks for all the advice :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Just saw on the website the fees are down for 15,000, 7,500 to pay for both years! That's some increase
    Renno123 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I am getting my application together for September.
    I have just noticed the fees increase today from 12,500 to 15,000!!!! that is some jump.
    It's hard enough to come up with 12,500 never mind 15,000

It's an unbelievable increase. I thought maybe that they had just combined the Gaeltacht fees into the course price, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I started the course last September and stumping up €12K was hard enough let alone €15K.

Congratulations everyone on getting a place. The course is really intense (much more than I thought it'd be), but really enjoyable. The hard work starts now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Pandalaura

Im starting in April too! Based in Dublin. Patiently awaiting information on anything about the course now!

Pandalaura wrote: »
    Im starting in April too! Based in Dublin. Patiently awaiting information on anything about the course now!
    I'll be in the April Dublin group too Panda laura. Must pay my deposit tonight, haven't done that yet.

I know I couldn't get it it was never sent on for me so disappointing with the fees going up I really want to do the course but it's so much money it's actually nearly enough for a mortgage ! The Gaeltacht is 750 per year aswell so 16,500 in total it's actually crazy isn't it I don't know what to do !

I know I couldn't get it it was never sent on for me so disappointing with the fees going up I really want to do the course but it's so much money it's actually nearly enough for a mortgage ! The Gaeltacht is 750 per year aswell so 16,500 in total it's actually crazy isn't it I don't know what to do !

don't forget what it will cost you in printer ink, my suggestion is get a commercial printer. its serving me very well.

Have you checked if the INTO Credit Union have increased their loan scheme too? It might be worth checking out, as they offer a ten year loan for the course :)

thanks, ill take a look :)

does anyone know if a Guarantor is always needed for this loan or do they take age into account? i will send them an inquiry in the mean time but would be interested to hear from people who availed of this.

I received my offer today, I'm over the moon, thanks for all the advice :)

Congrats @Amyfxo.. that is great news!! :)

Is anyone starting in the Cork Cohort in April?

Wish they would send on details about the 8th... or even the online induction for the 3rd so that I could get organised... I'm very impatient haha :rolleyes:

Actually, has anyone received the link to the e - vetting website?

I sent my details over about a week ago and I'm wondering if I should have received it by now?

• Advertisement

Actually, has anyone received the link to the e - vetting website?

I sent my details over about a week ago and I'm wondering if I should have received it by now?

I sent all my info back at the start of Feb and havnt heard a thing yet. We are supposed to have a weeks classroom observation in May (arn't we?) so they'd need to get going on the vetting soon!

Advertisement