Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will a guarantor help me get a loan?

Options
  • 12-01-2017 9:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I started my first real job in October and I need to upgrade my car, it's likely to stop any minute, so I applied for a loan. I was refused because I had some missed payments and I had only 2 payslips instead of the 6 required. I was told to wait 6 months and to try again. I was wondering, if I got my brother to be guarantor would that help my chances of getting approved now. He has a good credit score, in a well paid job and a BOI customer. I would ideally be looking for a graduate loan. Or would it be better to wait the six months.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

th1994 wrote: »
    I started my first real job in October and I need to upgrade my car, it's likely to stop any minute, so I applied for a loan. I was refused because I had some missed payments and I had only 2 payslips instead of the 6 required. I was told to wait 6 months and to try again. I was wondering, if I got my brother to be guarantor would that help my chances of getting approved now. He has a good credit score, in a well paid job and a BOI customer. I would ideally be looking for a graduate loan. Or would it be better to wait the six months.
    Hi th1994

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

We're sorry to hear the recent application was declined. As many factors are taken into account with a loan application, we would be unable to give you a direct answer here. We would suggest contacting your Branch you have opened your account with and an Advisor can look into this further for you. 

Contact details for your Branch can be found here

Many Thanks
    Alison

Advertisement