Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build alarm question?

Options
  • 12-01-2017 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭

Is there any alarm system that I can tie everything into 1 unit? Smoke/carbon/heat and intruder alarm all together?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Yes you can do that with a HKC for definite as they have the full range as in their detectors with their control equipment.
    I am fairly confident you can with the other manufacturers as well but you might have to use 3rd party equipment

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭PATJOE

kub wrote: »
    Yes you can do that with a HKC for definite as they have the full range as in their detectors with their control equipment.
    I am fairly confident you can with the other manufacturers as well but you might have to use 3rd party equipment

Cheers thats what I thought but had alarm guy out before xmas and he said I would need independent carbon and smoke detectors as he wouldn't certify his ones for building regs.....
    Perhaps I should contact another alarm guy!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

PATJOE wrote: »
    Is there any alarm system that I can tie everything into 1 unit? Smoke/carbon/heat and intruder alarm all together?

Yes, just about every decent system.

Advertisement