Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast or brunch on a Sunday?

Options
  • 12-01-2017 10:56am

Seems like Liberty Grill and other places closed, where's good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Tony's Bistro on North Main Street. Decent, honest-ta-Jaysis little caff and nice folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭pogsick

Flying Enterprise is lovely too

• Registered Users Posts: 16,312 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Think Mother Jones market and Bodega open for food possibly?

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭what the hell!

I think Ali's is open? And The Parlour Cafe and De Calf.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,033 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

O Flynns on Winthrop St.
    The Sextant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

Brick Lane isn't too bad for Sunday Brunch.  + 1 for the parlour as well very nice little café  next to bodega

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Never had brunch there, but I know Brick Lane does a 'bottomless brunch' on Sunday's I think. 30 euros for brunch with prosecco.
    Salt on victoria road does brunch on a sunday I think.

The Weir rooms in the River Lee hotel does a lovely outdoor heated room over the river and their brunch is very good.

Thanks for all the pointers everyone.

Staying in River Lee in a couple of weeks. Didn't bother with breakfast, figured we'd just stroll to the Liberty Grill when checking out, but then found out it's closed on a Sunday. Hence my request.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I liked the brunch in Amicus, on Paul St, while I was home over Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Decalf cafe, The Sextant and Salt would be my favourites for brunch. The parlour is also very nice.

• Advertisement

14a on French church street do a nice breakfast/brunch. Soho also do a nice breakfast. If you want a proper massive feed then Tony's bistro will hit the spot.

Liberty grill is very nice but they don't do a proper full breakfast and I always end up spending a fortune there adding sides like bacon, black pudding etc so it wouldn't be my first choice for that reason but they are losing a lot of money by not opening on Sunday, I always wondered why they don't open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

Fresco in the Glucksman opens at 12 I believe. A good spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Paddy The Farmers at the bottom of Southern Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

If you want a proper massive feed then Tony's bistro will hit the spot..

Its been about 10years since I was in Tony's but it used to be awful. The food would be floating in grease. The only thing that wasn't deep fried was the toast lol.
    We used to hit town on a Sunday morning for a hangover breakfast. The lads went to Tony's and I used to go to the shop on grand parage for a breakfast roll to eat in the car on my own.
    Its a big feed for cheap compared to others, but I wouldn't be recommending it for a nice Sunday breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Gallaghers do a lovely brunch - good selection and tasty

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

Paddy The Farmers at the bottom of Southern Road.

Didn't realise this place was still opened. When last I was there, it was closing. Thanks for the recommendation.

leahyl wrote: »
    Gallaghers do a lovely brunch - good selection and tasty
    Where is Gallaghers?

Sorry. I just googled it. It's the Gastro Pub on MacCurtain Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,033 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Tara's tea room, Mc Curtain St.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

overmantle wrote: »
    Didn't realise this place was still opened. When last I was there, it was closing. Thanks for the recommendation.

It's reopened, under new owners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Samhain

Goldbergs do a lovely Sunday brunch from 11 to 4, some Sundays they have a DJ or Singer/instrumentalist. I would also recommend the River Lee but if you are staying there too you would probably want a change of scenery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

razorblunt wrote: »
    It's reopened, under new owners.

Same owners as Soho btw, so pretty much the exact same menu. Its only ok in my experience but its a really nice bar for a few drinks.

.red. wrote: »
    Its been about 10years since I was in Tony's but it used to be awful. The food would be floating in grease. The only thing that wasn't deep fried was the toast lol..

When I go to tony's this is exactly what I want. Greasy deliciousness and you can get massive breakfasts there.

We ended up staying in the River Lee Hotel's own restaurant, the Weir Rooms. Wife didn't want to pack up, drive into city, get kid in and out of car etc so we decided it was there or Serendipity across the road. Anyway, it was very nice, had some eggs Benedict with mushrooms and asparagus and was 8 or 9 euros...when we checked in we were told to add breakfast was 17 each so this worked out a lot better.

Thanks for all the pointers.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

We ended up staying in the River Lee Hotel's own restaurant, the Weir Rooms. Wife didn't want to pack up, drive into city, get kid in and out of car etc so we decided it was there or Serendipity across the road. Anyway, it was very nice, had some eggs Benedict with mushrooms and asparagus and was 8 or 9 euros...when we checked in we were told to add breakfast was 17 each so this worked out a lot better.

Thanks for all the pointers.

Drive into the city from the River Lee hotel?! It's virtually in the city :confused:

I have yet to try Serendipity but I hear it's good

Malari wrote: »
    Drive into the city from the River Lee hotel?! It's virtually in the city :confused:

I have yet to try Serendipity but I hear it's good

Oh I know...but a long walk for a 2 year old and the Weir Rooms were just...handy.

Surely you have a buggy, River lee into town is a nothing walk you would struggle to park any closer.

Surely you have a buggy, River lee into town is a nothing walk you would struggle to park any closer.

Unless parking in one of the ten city centre car parks........ or on street.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Go Go's on the Well rd do a nice brunch at w/e.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Give over would ya? Weir rooms do a really lovely brekkie, and they were there already.

Advertisement