Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P45 wrong

Options
  • 12-01-2017 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I worked in a company last year from april to July in z company. I was emergency taxed due to my previous employer not gibing me a p45. I was emergency taxed about 2,500 euro. In August I was due holiday pay for holidays I had not taken and was put on a week1/month1 tax cert.
    When I left i received my p45, and it read that my gross pay for this employment only was 200 and I only paid 2euro tax. This was the amount I received in August (holiday pay).
    Then for year to date gross it had the total amount I had earned over the employment plus my previous employment and tax deducted included my emergency tax.

I have since started a new job. But now when I request a p21 for 2016 it says I only earned 210 euro in Z company. I have rang revenue twice about this and they say its the employers fault that it's wrong but when I got in contact with the employer, they say they sent it in right.

What do I do now? is there an impartial service that can offer advice? As I need to claim my emergency tax back asap.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

byrna2 wrote: »
    I worked in a company last year from april to July in z company. I was emergency taxed due to my previous employer not gibing me a p45. I was emergency taxed about 2,500 euro. In August I was due holiday pay for holidays I had not taken and was put on a week1/month1 tax cert.
    When I left i received my p45, and it read that my gross pay for this employment only was 200 and I only paid 2euro tax. This was the amount I received in August (holiday pay).
    Then for year to date gross it had the total amount I had earned over the employment plus my previous employment and tax deducted included my emergency tax.

I have since started a new job. But now when I request a p21 for 2016 it says I only earned 210 euro in Z company. I have rang revenue twice about this and they say its the employers fault that it's wrong but when I got in contact with the employer, they say they sent it in right.

What do I do now? is there an impartial service that can offer advice? As I need to claim my emergency tax back asap.

It is your employers fault. The information held on Revenue's system is what has been submitted to them by your employer. So, if the info on the Revenue system is incorrect, it is because the employer provided incorrect info.

Were you given any payslips during your time there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 byrna2

I was given payslips but they were sent to my company email, which i dont have access to now! I have learned to print them off from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

If you had the payslips, you'd have had back up in relation to the correct amounts paid, and taxes deducted etc.

Your only course of action here now is to request that Revenue investigate, as you know the figures on the P45 are incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭EamonOSullivan

byrna2 wrote: »
    I was given payslips but they were sent to my company email, which i dont have access to now! I have learned to print them off from now on.

Can you look at your bank statements to get the net amounts? If you also have an idea of you gross then you ( or the tax office ) can calculate roughly how much you paid in Emergency Tax.

The company also should have copies of the payslips so maybe they can send them to you to resolve this - ultimately it sounds like they will have to give you a new P45.

Advertisement