Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned for telling the truth

Options
  • 12-01-2017 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭

I was banned for telling the truth and I'd like this reversed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Hi SeamusFX, according to the records, you were banned for "personal abuse". Have you attempted to discuss this (via PM) with the mod who banned you?

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭SeamusFX

dudara wrote: »
    Hi SeamusFX, according to the records, you were banned for "personal abuse". Have you attempted to discuss this (via PM) with the mod who banned you?

I have, but he may have his own agenda?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

What was the mod's response? I need to know that so I can tell you the next steps.

dudara wrote: »
    What was the mod's response? I need to know that so I can tell you the next steps.

He said I was banned for abuse, but my comments were very mild and typically comments here are munch worse and when I questioned that the mod said I could come here to appeal

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Hi SeamusFX, I will look into this for you. Please forward/post here any PMs between you and the mod who banned you.

Thank you.

• Advertisement

Toots wrote: »
    Hi SeamusFX, I will look into this for you. Please forward/post here any PMs between you and the mod who banned you.

Thank you.

So The mod allowed another poster to make a personal attack against me and say I "soiled my pants", because I have objected to a 21st century Hitler, but I call that poster a nut and I get banned! He must have a personal agenda here!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

SeamusFX wrote: »
    So The mod allowed another poster to make a personal attack against me and say I "soiled my pants", because I have objected to a 21st century Hitler, but I call that poster a nut and I get banned! He must have a personal agenda here!

Em... not sure how this relates to sending me on the PMs?

Please allow me time to review the thread in question and speak to the mods. In the meantime if you could forward me the PMs you exchanged it would help in speeding up the process.

Hi SeamusFX, I got the moderator to forward me the PMs so no need to send them on now.

I've reviewed your most recent posts in the Politics forum and here's the situation as I see it:

To start, I'd just like to draw your attention to a few bits of the Politics Forum Charter-
    This forum is for discussion and debate and we will not tolerate soapboxing. If you are here to "shout everyone down" with your opinions, we will see you as a negative contributor to the forum and will take appropriate action. High standards of debate and quality posts / threads are required.
    No personal abuse. NEVER attack a poster. Attack the content of their post. (You can tell someone that their opinion is based on incomplete or incorrect information, but do not call them an idiot.)
    Keep your language civil, particularly when referring to other posters and people in the public eye. Using unsavoury language does not add to your argument. Examples would be referring to other people or groups as scumbags, crusties, sheeple, shills, trolls, traitors or saying that recently deceased people should “rot in hell” or similar. Repeated use of terms like that will result in a ban from the forum.

Bearing this in mind, I had a look at what you were posting on the thread titled "President 'The Donald' Trump and The Surprising Consequences" which is the thread that earned you your initial infraction (red card) and pretty much all of the posts you made there breached the charter.

Here you're calling Trump voters stupid:
    The key word is "promising" and he may give the people change, but he has no intention of giving them the change the people want or need!! Trump's entire life he has been a greedy habitual liar and he's not going to change now, anyone who was STUPID enough to believe him and Vote for him will now get just what they deserve!!!! He will bring change, but it may only be a good change if you're a billionaire and even that won't last long if Trump has his way, as he will do some serious damage to America and the world.

The sad thing is, the majority of the STUPID people that voted for Trump, will be the ones most negatively impacted by his presidency!

Here you're referring to Trump and his son as arseholes, and call another poster a loser:
    It's not if the News is fake or not, but the way this arsehole has reacted to it and has lied so many times that is the issue. Plus, both the CIA and FBI have already said Russia interfered in the election to the benefit of Trump and despite Trump's denial, it is a FACT that he does have interests in Russia Donnie A-Hole Jr traveled to Russia a week before the election and a few years ago he admitted that Russia made up a pretty disproportionate of their assets, so the only part of the story that is unconfirmed is the golden showers, but if people still voted for Trump after he said "grab them by the pus*y, then golden showers may not phase them. Face it loser, this story is a lot more believable than the one that the Clinton's were running a pedophile ring out of a pizzeria!

Here you're calling another poster a moron:
    Are you really proud of that? If you are, you are truly Un-American!!!!!!

We now have the worst president ever, and we've had some pretty bad ones like George W Bush and Nixon, but Trump makes them look like Saints! Trump is a habitual liar, who will say anything to get his way and never cared about America or anyone except his own self interests and now he's beholden to Russia. If you want an un-America president, you can't do any worse than Trump. I'm not rooting for him to fail, but i just know he will and we have uninformed, un-American morons like you to thank!!!!!!!!!

And this is the one that got you an infraction:
    KingBrainless, So you are saying you are OK that Russia hacked the election and influenced our Democracy and all the fault is on the Democrats? So, you don't care that Stupid people like you have elected the worst president ever, who will not help the country or anyone but himself and he's in bed with the Russians to boot? Thanks to idiots like you, we are now stuck with a Russian puppet as president!

These are all clear examples of both abusing other posters and posting below the standard of the Politics forum.

After that, you then started the thread "Do You Care About Trumps Taxes" where, in your opening post, you again call anyone who voted for Trump 'stupid'. So not off to a great start there, but then when one person says they don't care about his taxes you responded with this:
    I was just asking people to state if they wanted to see his tax returns! People try to pay as little in taxes as possible, within the law, but the people still have a right to see his returns, since all other Presidents and candidates have released them. You are obviously a Trump supporter going by your user name "Rightwing", so therefore you aren't as smart as you think you are. Sorry, but the truth hurts!
    I think the username was abbreviated and should actually read - Rightwing-Nutjob and despite your claims, you are a Trump supporter, because with a virus like Trump, you are either with him or against him!

Again, well below the standard for the forum, and also personal abuse. You'd received an infraction for the same sort of posting only a few hours previously, but carried on posting in an aggressive manner, as above, which earned you the 2 day ban.

This is a pretty clear cut case of breaching the forum charter, and in fact the site rules (personal abuse is not permitted) so to say that the mod who banned you must have some sort of agenda is obfuscating. Personally, I think Trump should be nuked from orbit, but that's incidental to the fact that the forum and site rules were broken.

In this instance, I do feel that the ban was warranted, so I'm upholding it. I think by this stage it has expired anyway, so you are free to post in the Politics forum if you wish. I would strongly suggest that you read and abide by the charter when posting there otherwise we will most likely end up here again.

Hi Seamus,

Can this be closed off, or do you want an Admin to review it?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

No response in over 1 month.

Marked as Resolved.

tHB

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement