Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fight Time From 4am-McGregor vs Mayweather**MOD Warning in 1st Post**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,064 ✭✭✭bren2001

XsApollo wrote: »
    It's akin to a table tennis world champion taking on Federer at Wimbledon.
    Or a pitch and putt world champ taking on Tiger at Augusta.
    Sure they might win.

You know what? I'd probably back the pitch and putt guy :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,730 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Floyd via KO-TKO
    bren2001 wrote: »
    You know what? I'd probably back the pitch and putt guy :p

The par 3 at Augusta...

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭vapor trails

Conor via DQ
    Due to the proliferation of ways in which people can circumnavigate the requirement to pay PPV views via online streaming mediums means comparing PPV's over time is not a fair reflection of a fighters demand in a moment of time. When De la Hoya fought Mayweather there was no such thing as an Iphone and I was using 128k ISDN when browsing pictures and text only on the internet.

If there was only a way in which you could measurement a humans retinal impression I'd have no doubt that Mayweather / McGregor would be the most watched fight of all time period.

To remedy the issue of who gets paid what I propose the following:

Simple solution is for people to buy the PPV via two channels or using two promotion codes. Channel 1 Mayweather boxing, Channel 2 UFC, Or online via PPVMAY or PPVMAC or even a split code PPVsplit that way there is no need to speculate as to who deserves the pay. The number of purchases from each source determines who gets what.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,658 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Draw
    To remedy the issue of who gets paid what I propose the following:

Simple solution is for people to buy the PPV via two channels or using two promotion codes. Channel 1 Mayweather boxing, Channel 2 UFC, Or online via PPVMAY or PPVMAC or even a split code PPVsplit that way there is no need to speculate as to who deserves the pay. The number of purchases from each source determines who gets what.

That's a ridiculous suggestion tbh. It's not the X factor.

There's no issue of who gets paid. They get paid what they agree. A fight needs two people to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 10 cfc88

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, "lucida grande", arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Watch Mayweather confirms he's coming out of retirement to fight Connor McGregor .[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, "lucida grande", arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Watch Mayweather confirms he's coming out of retirement to fight Connor McGregor .[/font]

It's not letting me post copy and paste ( google ) and you should see thesportbible link .

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Conor via DQ
    Possible "hold" on the T-Mobile Arena in Vegas on June 10th for a possible Floyd Mayweather v Conor McGregor boxing match...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭GoodBridge

Possible "hold" on the T-Mobile Arena in Vegas on June 10th for a possible Floyd Mayweather v Conor McGregor boxing match...

http://i.imgur.com/7IgWM.gif

I know this is far crash stuff but... I'll watch it

Conor via DQ
    GoodBridge wrote: »
    http://i.imgur.com/7IgWM.gif

I know this is far crash stuff but... I'll watch it

If it does go ahead will back the young fella as an selection on the tail end of a seasonal summer accumulator (as a ten-fold multiplier).

Saying that, if he doesn't take him down within the first 2/3 rounds, he probably never will.

Draw
    If it does go ahead will back the young fella as an selection on the tail end of a seasonal summer accumulator (as a ten-fold multiplier).
    That's a bizarre approach tbh
    Saying that, if he doesn't take him down within the first 2/3 rounds, he probably never will.
    :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Conor via DQ
    Mellor wrote: »
    That's a bizarre approach tbh

That's what they said about the Trump-Brexit shockers also.

@10 that's the best price you'll ever see for CMcG to win. It's also available as a line selection on an accumulator. It's only available from one book and 30% better than any other offering from anywhere else. So is featuring on a four from five.

But young McG will need to win within the very early rounds with a shocker, or FM will simply duck n' roll out the punches until he drops him probably in R5/6.

Floyd via KO-TKO
    This fight may just happen. I wonder will Mayweather insist on any weight? He shouldn't have to, but knowing Mayweather, he likely will...

It would probably be an easier night for Floyd allowing Conor in at any weight. He would likely come in heavier than 155 and may not have the same bounce and speed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Floyd via DQ
    I'd imagine it'll be at 154. No need to drain him like he did with Canelo. Might see a rehydration clause alright though.

Draw
    Burial. wrote: »
    I'd imagine it'll be at 154. No need to drain him like he did with Canelo. Might see a rehydration clause alright though.

Has he stipulated a rehydration clause before? What's a typical amount they are restricted to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Floyd via DQ
    Has he stipulated a rehydration clause before? What's a typical amount they are restricted to?

He wanted one against Canelo but eventually that fell through and they sided with the catchweight. When he was in talks with fighting Winky Wright years back he demanded it. Same thing when a few rumors if him coming back to fight Golovkin. Never actually had one in place for a fight that actually took place IIRC. Conor obviously walks around at a similar weight if not heavier than those lads so I think Floyd would do it both for protection as well as f*cking with him. He basically broke Canelo by making him starve.

On a side note I saw footage of Conor chatting with Kovalev the other night. Kovalev isn't a huge Light Heavy but he's by no means small and Conor looked every bit as big as him, clothing aside. If Floyd demands the weight restrictions it could kill Conor to cut that much. A lot tougher to cut that deep after building up that much muscle, which he clearly has in recent times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/3/19/14951094/why-a-mayweather-vs-mcgregor-type-fight-never-happened-historically-and-why-it-can-happen-now

On a side note I actually met Kovalev almost at ringside and you are right. He is not a huge light heavy but is imposing in that Russian way! My selfie proves we are same height if not muscular definition:D

Draw
    Burial. wrote: »
    If Floyd demands the weight restrictions it could kill Conor to cut that much. A lot tougher to cut that deep after building up that much muscle, which he clearly has in recent times.

He cut to 155 in November without issue. I can't see 154 being much harder.
    A rehydration clause means he has to get down in weight before the cut, but the cut would actually be easier. Carrying more muscle at a given weight also makes a weight cut easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

He cut to 155 in November without issue. I can't see 154 being much harder.
    A rehydration clause means he has to get down in weight before the cut, but the cut would actually be easier. Carrying more muscle at a given weight also makes a weight cut easier.

I think he even officially weighed in at 154.5 as well. He might have even overshot the cut, was weighing 154 and had a glass of water

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Floyd via KO-TKO
    In a typical boxing match, Floyd could dictate terms as much as he wants. But McGregor could turn it around on him by saying "look at this guy, I'm fighting in his sport, I've never had a pro fight in my life, and he wants to dictate all these terms?". Could backfire on Mayweather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,053 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Floyd via DQ
    http://www.espn.com/blog/dan-rafael/post/_/id/17470/conor-mcgregor-i-am-boxing

Dan Rafael on the "incident" at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Floyd via DQ
    In a typical boxing match, Floyd could dictate terms as much as he wants. But McGregor could turn it around on him by saying "look at this guy, I'm fighting in his sport, I've never had a pro fight in my life, and he wants to dictate all these terms?". Could backfire on Mayweather.

Zero.

That is precisely the amount of ****s Mayweather will give.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Gintonious wrote: »

Mountain out of a molehill tbf.

If you watch the video only a yank could take offense really.

Conor had an audience. Join the dots.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭Henno30

Dan is always happy for an opportunity to inflate his own importance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭Henno30

The 'incident' I remember from that night

C7PcJwjW4AIQ7pP.jpg

Floyd via DQ

He is mad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,555 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Hope he gets boxed in the belly.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Fighting leprechaun 20

Are people legit putting mayweather on a pedestal ... hes a midget compared to conor look at the size difference . Interesting article from conors boxing teacher Phil Sutcliffe. Mayweather has lost before just not in pro infact he has 8 losses in amature and no one bother to bring up the differences between pro and amature because mayweather was almost slept back in the day in am . Conors boxing style has giving mayweather trouble in the past .

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/the-secret-behind-conor-mcgregors-striking-skills/&ved=0ahUKEwicibbR9JjTAhWFC5oKHS_4CuEQFgh3MBA&usg=AFQjCNEhyR1B4_JTX-DPSFCqZjT-f2vgbQ&sig2=NNdegPivR5smY4JOKnyg8A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭gene_tunney

Are people legit putting mayweather on a pedestal ... hes a midget compared to conor look at the size difference . Interesting article from conors boxing teacher Phil Sutcliffe. Mayweather has lost before just not in pro infact he has 8 losses in amature and no one bother to bring up the differences between pro and amature because mayweather was almost slept back in the day in am . Conors boxing style has giving mayweather trouble in the past .

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/the-secret-behind-conor-mcgregors-striking-skills/&ved=0ahUKEwicibbR9JjTAhWFC5oKHS_4CuEQFgh3MBA&usg=AFQjCNEhyR1B4_JTX-DPSFCqZjT-f2vgbQ&sig2=NNdegPivR5smY4JOKnyg8A

Ah lads

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Fighting leprechaun 20

Ah lads

Mayweather will be knocked out in the 5th round .my honest opinion .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

. Conors boxing style has giving mayweather trouble in the past .

In the past ?! He turned Pro in 1996.
    So it gave him trouble over 20 years ago when he was learning his trade you mean ?
    He's since fought the best in the world for 20 years and not been beaten.

If Conor somehow won it would be by fluke or by a decent punch landing.
    Mayweather is also 40 at this stage, time isn't on his side.

Floyd via KO-TKO
    Mayweather will be knocked out in the 5th round .my honest opinion .

What you reckon happens in the 4 rds before Conor gets the KO?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Floyd via DQ
    I've always been skeptical of this happening and I hate to be a dick all coy with detail, but a friend in a surprising industry just gave me pretty much definitive proof it's not just an ego stroking exercise but is actually going to happen.

God damn it.

Draw
    maximoose wrote: »
    I've always been skeptical of this happening and I hate to be a dick all coy with detail, but a friend in a surprising industry just gave me pretty much definitive proof it's not just an ego stroking exercise but is actually going to happen.

God damn it.
    It's been indirectly confirmed by a number of industries at this stage.

Venue is apparently booked.
    Ticketmaster back end is done.
    Negotiations in place, etc
    Plus whatever industry your mate works in.

Does he print posters :PAC:

Floyd via DQ

What is McGregors amateur record?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Gintonious wrote: »
    What is McGregors amateur record?

84-8, his last amateur bout was a highly controversial loss in the Olympic semi finals by all accounts.

Floyd via KO-TKO
    HigginsJ wrote: »
    84-8, his last amateur bout was a highly controversial loss in the Olympic semi finals by all accounts.

Maybe you're joking, but are you giving Floyd's record here?

walshb wrote: »
    Maybe you're joking, but are you giving Floyd's record here?

:o I completely misread the previous post, I though it was Mayweathers record what was the question. Sorry about that, blaming tiredness!! :o

Floyd via KO-TKO
    :o I completely misread the previous post, I though it was Mayweathers record what was the question. Sorry about that, blaming tiredness!! :o

BTW, the highly controversial loss was only so to the Anericans.

walshb wrote: »
    BTW, the highly controversial loss was only so to the Anericans.

I read an article about it somewhere (possibly bleacher report) last year about the chap that beat Mayweather and he is pretty much scraping buy in a tiny one bed house in Bulgaria.

Floyd via KO-TKO
    I read an article about it somewhere (possibly bleacher report) last year about the chap that beat Mayweather and he is pretty much scraping buy in a tiny one bed house in Bulgaria.

I remember watching a video about that.

Yes, one of the all time great amateurs from the 90s, Todorov. He won 3 world titles I think, may have been consecutively too.

Beat two of our greats in McCullogh and Paul Griffin. He never got gold at the Olypmics, however. Bit like Carruth's Barcelona victim, Juan Hernandez, a true world number 1 for several years who never got the gold.

Wayne was lucky in 1992 not to have to face Todorov in the semis, Todorov being upset by the Korean fighter in the QFs.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭hbhook

Floyd via DQ
    I hope that if this **** show is gonna go through that there's a decent undercard.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭rondog

John Kavanagh Vs Floyd senior would be a decent undercard and set the tone for the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭selectamatic

rondog wrote: »
    John Kavanagh Vs Floyd senior would be a decent undercard and set the tone for the night.

Michael Buffer vs Bruce Buffer in a hell in a cell format could be an option too :P

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭hbhook

Floyd via DQ
    Guys, I was being serious. Like Nicole Scherzinger vs J Law in a bra n' panties matchup..

• Advertisement
Advertisement