Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rental of PDH and move abroad to rent

• 12-01-2017 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Afternoon
    I was hoping to outline our circumstances below to see if anybody had done, or knows of anybody that did similar to see if there were any pit falls advice etc.

- Both myself and wife retiring this year at 58 years of age
    - Wife is a teacher, paying full AVC's since beginning work at 19. Currently has post or responsibility plus masters top up on wages.
    - My pension is worth €1170 pm plus lump sum €135K
    - As well as PDH we have an investment property (apartment) - both mortgage free.
    - Kids are still in college but enough savings set aside to finish them out.

-Plan.....
    we are both enthusiastic travelers, in good health and our plan would be to use the apartment above as our base of operations, (where we would spend a couple of months in the summer, visits etc, )
    We intend to pick a different country and live in this country for 6 - 9 months of the year, living in long term rentals.
    We would also use rental income from our PDH to fund the lifestyle ( approx €2100 pm)

Most of the countries & properties we have looked at all come in at circa €1K per month or less rental.

Any of you fine folks have any advice, know of people doing something similar i.e. using PDH rental income to fund part / full time foreign based retirement...or indeed any potential pitfalls etc.

thanks

Bryan

Advertisement