Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turf and Firewood - 2017 Edition

• 12-01-2017 2:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend some turf/ firewood guys around the city?
    Got 6 bags soft wood from a guy 2 weeks ago and they're not very dry, quite damp actually.
    Be better obviously to buy with some kind of recommendation.
    I am looking at a tipper/ trailer load of either/ both
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 dara.obriain

Cant remember his name but the lad there on the grange road opposite fr. Collins park in donaghmede as you head towards the shopping centre does good price on logs and briquettes. Plenty of signs so easy to find.
    Anyone know where to buy unseasoned green wood and if unchopped even better. I would think this way would be cheaper and would enjoy the challenge of sawing/chopping/drying myyself. Anyone done this or know of anywhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭irishproduce

I am speaking about Limerick though!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,277 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Cant remember his name but the lad there on the grange road opposite fr. Collins park in donaghmede as you head towards the shopping centre does good price on logs and briquettes. Plenty of signs so easy to find.
    Anyone know where to buy unseasoned green wood and if unchopped even better. I would think this way would be cheaper and would enjoy the challenge of sawing/chopping/drying myyself. Anyone done this or know of anywhere?

Your lost dude, this is the Limerick forum. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭denismac

These guys will deliver to you from Abbeyfeale. Bone dry timber.

http://www.cotterbrosfirewood.com/

Advertisement