Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP Instant Ink free trial promotion

Options
  • 12-01-2017 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭

If you've bought a HP printer with the Instant Ink trial from PCWorld/Currys you may have noticed that the Instant Ink trial ISN'T AVAILABLE IN IRELAND YET.

Extremely shonky if you ask me - I've been on to both PCWorld and HP.
    PCWorld just fobbed me off to HP.

I called HP on 01 533 9808, then select option 3 for Printer Support.

They said the go live date for this is in February - nice chap gave me a case reference and said that they will manually add the free months trial to my HP account.

You can create an account and add your printer here www.hpconnected.com

Apparently PCWorld/Currys shouldn't be selling these at all yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

was the free ink advertised ad part of the package you were buying or was it just a sticker on the box?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

was the free ink advertised ad part of the package you were buying or was it just a sticker on the box?

It's mentioned in the ad on the website and a sticker on the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

i'd just post to their (PCWorld/Currys ) twitter page
    https://twitter.com/curryspcworldie?lang=en
    & see what response you get.
    Looks like HP have sorted the ink anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

i'd just post to their (PCWorld/Currys ) twitter page
    https://twitter.com/curryspcworldie?lang=en
    & see what response you get.
    Looks like HP have sorted the ink anyway.

Tried that. No answer from Twitter and they seem to have stopped their "Talk to" involvement on boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Denny_Crane

long_b wrote: »
    Tried that. No answer from Twitter and they seem to have stopped their "Talk to" involvement on boards.

Many moons ago. They were going through a period of trying to do something about their appalling reputation. It seems it didn't make them any more money and people were happy to keep shopping with them regardless so they just went back to the standard model.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭angelmum

Bought my printer in Dec and just chat with hp representative and she sorted out my 5 months free trial and first ink arrived yesterday

Anyway just saw on moneysavers forum on how to get another extra 2 months. This is referral system so mods feel free to delete my post if not allowed when you sign up to instant ink you can put the referral code and you get 1 month free trial and owner of code get 1 month too and another code FREEINK for another month.

I already signed up with instant ink when I saw this so I just log in and chat with hp and asked them about my friends code and FREEINK code and she added two months free for me

My code if anyone wants use it
    <SNIP>

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Many moons ago. They were going through a period of trying to do something about their appalling reputation. It seems it didn't make them any more money and people were happy to keep shopping with them regardless so they just went back to the standard model.

Look at their store, they sell TV's, laptops/tablets and maybe some other stuff. Printers have become dead money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Printers have become dead money.
    :Essentially. EASON's were recently selling HP inkjet Printers for 39.99 euro.
    I would'nt trust said printer models with any mission critical project, like a Third Level college project though.

Advertisement