Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SEPA refund

Options
  • 12-01-2017 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi there,

I have an a/c with SSE airtricity and a DD set-up so I can pay my bill with them.   This month I actually topped up my a/c with them instead of waiting for them to take the DD on the 11th Jan.  I did not realized that this automatically happens.  I am a new customer.  Now I am left short.  They cannot refund the money back until next week but suggested a SEPA refund be done as it is quicker.  Can I do this?

Kind regards
    Nicola

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

nikkifitz wrote: »

Hi there,

I have an a/c with SSE airtricity and a DD set-up so I can pay my bill with them.   This month I actually topped up my a/c with them instead of waiting for them to take the DD on the 11th Jan.  I did not realized that this automatically happens.  I am a new customer.  Now I am left short.  They cannot refund the money back until next week but suggested a SEPA refund be done as it is quicker.  Can I do this?

Kind regards
    Nicola
    Hi Nicola (nikkifitz) 

Thanks for getting in touch with us today. 

Yes you can request a refund of the SEPA Direct Debit through us. This form here will need to be completed and then posted to the address provided on the form. Once the form is received by our SEPA Direct Debit Dept, it will take 1 working day to process the refund. 

The information you will need on the form can be located by logging in online and locating a transaction of a direct debit with SSE Airtricity. You will see a small orange cross symbol beside the transaction, if you click this it will expand with the information you need to input into the form. 

We hope the information helps, if you have any further questions please do get back in touch with us. 

Many Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 6 nikkifitz

Hi Alison,

Thanks for your reply.
    Will this affect my future DD with them. I only need to get this payment refunded.
    Regards
    Nicola

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

nikkifitz wrote: »
    Hi Alison,

Thanks for your reply.
    Will this affect my future DD with them. I only need to get this payment refunded.
    Regards
    Nicola
    Hi Nicola (nikkifitz)

The form is only for a payment refund and will not affect any future payments or the direct debit itself. 

As the payment is within the last 8 weeks, you will be selecting Option A (rather than B).

We hope this helps, 

Many Thanks
    Alison

Advertisement