Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTTH

Options
  • 12-01-2017 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

Hi, just want to see if there is any timeframe for a rollout of fibre to the home in Muckross, Co. Kerry.   The cabinet I'm connected to (Muc1_001) is a bit of a distance from me so I would only be able to get 7mbs if I signed up

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Chieftain wrote: »
    Hi, just want to see if there is any timeframe for a rollout of fibre to the home in Muckross, Co. Kerry.   The cabinet I'm connected to (Muc1_001) is a bit of a distance from me so I would only be able to get 7mbs if I signed up
    Hi  Chieftain,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I've checked the efibre to the home deployment plan in your area & at the minute we have forecasted for services to be available to customers 2017/2018. I know that's probably not the news you were hoping for however do feel free to check back in with me in a few months & hopefully we will have some more news for you then on this. :D

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Shyboy

Hi Pamela, 

Hi  Chieftain,

I've checked the efibre to the home deployment plan in your area & at the minute we have forecasted for services to be available to customers 2017/2018. I know that's probably not the news you were hoping for however do feel free to check back in with me in a few months & hopefully we will have some more news for you then on this. :D

Thanks,
    Pamela 
    I wonder if you can help me. My exchange of Turloughmore, County Galway went live for FTTH on 28th Dec and my I am lucky as the "blue line" pass my house and all of the fibre was wired for every house in our village. We all have the connection boxes on the poles "ready to go". 

The problem is that I have been in contact with Eir a few times and I am being told that although it is available in my area, even both neighbours either side of my house have ordered it, we have all been wired to FTTH the same, my telephone line is not passing for it though. 

To make it more confusing, the Eir website give me the choice to check for FTTH by my Eir Code, and when I do, it says that it is available to me.

I thought once FTTH went live in an area as long as my house has been wired for it, I should be able to order it. The last person I spoke to at Eir seemed to get it confused with FTTC as they told me I might not be wired to the cabinet, etc. 

I wonder if you might be able to help, Pamela?

Many Thanks
    Jason

Shyboy wrote: »
    Hi Pamela, 

Hi  Chieftain,

Thanks,
    Pamela 
    I wonder if you can help me. My exchange of Turloughmore, County Galway went live for FTTH on 28th Dec and my I am lucky as the "blue line" pass my house and all of the fibre was wired for every house in our village. We all have the connection boxes on the poles "ready to go". 

The problem is that I have been in contact with Eir a few times and I am being told that although it is available in my area, even both neighbours either side of my house have ordered it, we have all been wired to FTTH the same, my telephone line is not passing for it though. 

To make it more confusing, the Eir website give me the choice to check for FTTH by my Eir Code, and when I do, it says that it is available to me.

I thought once FTTH went live in an area as long as my house has been wired for it, I should be able to order it. The last person I spoke to at Eir seemed to get it confused with FTTC as they told me I might not be wired to the cabinet, etc. 

Many Thanks
    Jason
    Hi  Shyboy,

Thanks for getting in touch. :)

That does seem quite confusing, it's no problem I'll take a look into this for you.
    Can you PM me your name & account number?

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Shyboy

Hi Pamela, 

Hi  Chieftain,

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Many Thanks
    Jason
    Hi  Shyboy,

That does seem quite confusing, it's no problem I'll take a look into this for you.

Thanks,
    Pamela 
    Thanks Pamela, you are a star. PM just sent... :)

Hi Pamela, 

Hi  Chieftain,

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Many Thanks
    Jason
    Hi  Shyboy,

Thanks,
    Pamela 
    Thanks Pamela, you are a star. PM just sent... :)
    No problem  Shyboy :)

-Pamela 

• Advertisement
Advertisement