Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lahvlahn Thread from 12/01/17 - Now we're talking

• 12-01-2017 4:00pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,335 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Old thread here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

I was half way through my post, Joe... Then bang... the thread is gone... I rang the department and they wouldn't speak to me about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Ahoy ahoy so to speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Right2Write

This taxi driver is using pounds in Galway so to speak.

Maybe they still charge in punts - handy enough get a 27% bonus on the other fools charging in €.

Mind you, that would entail bringing the cash to a bank and risk awkward questions from Revenue. Hmm.. you might be better to get the YoYos and stick them in yer pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Fujitsu10

Nice new house we have here ................. great view of the Cemetery from here too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

If potential taxi drivers havent the capability to research in advance whether a vehicle they intend to buy will be approved for use as taxi, 6 seater taxi etc, then they deserve to be regulated up the wazoo.

The old stagers are lamenting the times taxis used to be licence to print money, thats all. Everything else has improved the taxi experience for the customer, and thats what matters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,941 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

It's a new thread, it's a new day, and I'm feeling grumpy.
    Think I'll call Joe.
    It's a disgrace, Joe.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

r2q3yin.jpg?1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

"Arise cranky elderly people!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

I was half way through my post, Joe... Then bang... the thread is gone... I rang the department and they wouldn't speak to me about it.

And Joe, the Mods didn't even have the courtesy to give us a "back after dese" at the end of the last thread.

Joe?

Hello?

Hello Joe, can you hear me?...............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Red Kev wrote: »
    And Joe, the Mods didn't even have the courtesy to give us a "back after dese" at the end of the last thread.

Joe?

Hello?

Hello Joe, can you hear me?...............

"as I was saying to your researcher"

"no Joe, you rang me"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Wat was going through your head Joe when D'Arcy said "you're not working class anymore though"

r2q3yin.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

I see Tommy Turnips guest on his chat show last night was none other than RTE star, Ray D'Arcy! I didn't watch it meself Joe but it may be time for another letter to the Irish Times from the lad earlier in the week

A Chairde

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

the thread might change caller's but the topics of the show remain the same, and they're my topics, that i'm interested in, and i take all points made, as long as i agree with them, so well done to you all and fair play, faaaaair play......so to speak

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

I see Tommy Turnips guest on his chat show last night was none other than RTE star, Ray D'Arcy! I didn't watch it meself Joe but it may be time for another letter to the Irish Times from the lad earlier in the week

A Chairde

It's very Alan Parsons...Interviewing me, interviewing you, interviewing me.

But more like this....

I'd rather watch a couple of hours of The Magic Roundabout, Bod and Bagpuss than sit through another night of Ray D'Arcy.

Red Kev wrote: »
    It's very Alan Parsons...Interviewing me, interviewing you, interviewing me.

But more like this....

I'd rather watch a couple of hours of The Magic Roundabout, Bod and Bagpuss than sit through another night of Ray D'Arcy.

Alan Parsons:

Alan Partridge, so to speak:

M

Anyone see de Deathlist 2017, poor Gay makes it.

https://deathlist.net/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Anyone see de Deathlist 2017, poor Gay makes it.

https://deathlist.net/

his original helper monkey will dedicate a weeks worth of shows if that happens

M

Two Day
    De 100 people riot on Liffey Street Henry Street, actual footage
    De Taxi licences again from yesterday
    Lady told to stop flying her drone over heritage areas and near de farms

De riot so to speak (it was in de media a couple weeks back but no footage, here's de jaysus footage)...

Edit, fooking joke, there's no riot footage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

American tourists attacked on Steevenseseses day.
    Taxis
    Drones over heritage sites. Farmers not happy with them flying over their land.

• Advertisement

Snap, so to speak.

The first day in a good while that I'll be able to listen the whole show. It's guaranteed to be sh1te, knowing my luck

M

The video says thanks to Under Armour for replacing de garment, lol.

M

Wurkdays in 2-17 to date so to speak: 9
    Joe Shows: 9
    No Show Joe Shows: 0
    PBH Shows: 0
    D'Omen Shows: 0
    AN Udder Shows: 0

Wurkdays in 2-17 to date so to speak: 9
    Joe Shows: 9
    No Show Joe Shows: 0
    PBH Shows: 0
    D'Omen Shows: 0
    AN Udder Shows: 0

Well done Atlantic, well done!

Well done Atlantic, well done!
    Take a few days off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

r2q3yin.jpg?1

"and the cheque I get every year from the taxpayer is this big"

De riot so to speak (it was in de media a couple weeks back but no footage, here's de jaysus footage)...

Edit, fooking joke, there's no riot footage

Genuine question - are they reading from a script so to speak?

I'm sure something happened but it does seem like there's a large element of exaggeration in their account. I'm not a doctor but if I was set upon by a gang of teenage boys and punched/beaten up for a sustained period of time I'd expect more than one injury which required 4 stitches, esp. one in which both the husband and the wife repeatedly said they feared for their lives and mentioned death/dying.

They seemed very keen to mention the skin colour of their attackers. Trump voters I wonder?

WHOY is there no CCC-CCTV of this incident? Or footage taken on an EYEPhone?

They'll also be gutted to find out that had they managed to get in touch with Joe when this ordeal happened they'd have been dining for free for the duration of their stay, gotten an upgrade in their hotel or moved to a posher one etc. with all the shameless pluggers ringing in to offer their services in exchange for some free advertising. He'd have more to thank than Under Armor for replacing his geansaí then so to speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

Heard an ad for a new website today.. FiverFriday.ie Wonder will Joe be trying to take some sort of credit for that idea

• Advertisement

neris wrote: »
    Heard an ad for a new website today.. FiverFriday.ie Wonder will Joe be trying to take some sort of credit for that idea

It's there alright, some sort of shopping site. He wont like that.

Be funny if they put a bootleg copy of Joe's book up there, just to see if it would get a response.

M

That's taking de food out of Joe's mouth so to speak :pac:

He either won't be happy, will take all the credit, or will sue or seek some sort of payment for his idea (which it wasn't).

He'll also conveniently forget the original idea as he proposed it was to spend an EXTRA Fyver locally so to speak, not to have all these deals which in reality could reduce your spend.

But hey, don't be wurryin' about de facts and dat.

Maybe the existence of this site is the reason why he didn't do it this year.

That's taking de food out of Joe's mouth so to speak :pac:

That's a LOT of food. they must have one of these:
    komatsu__pc228uslc_3_2007_1_lgw.jpg

It's there alright, some sort of shopping site. He wont like that.

Be funny if they put a bootleg copy of Joe's book up there, just to see if it would get a response.

Well his last buke was for sale for €1.49 in Dealz shortly after publication so unless they 4 for €5 I can't imagine it's much of a deal so to speak.

• Advertisement

He previously praised callers for cyber-squatting and pulling fast ones on companies for this type of behaviour. Bet he'll have a completely different view now that it's remotely connected to him - or more accurately that he feels it is.

sligojoek wrote: »
    Maybe the existence of this site is the reason why he didn't do it this year.

I'm not joking: does anyone think HE'S behind it? Anudder income stream so to speak?

Looks like they spent a good €20 on the website anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

I'm surprised he's not broadcasting from "de yung sighentist xavition" today :pac:

Even at €1.49 it's not much of a deal.

What station was the ad on? Serious question.

• Advertisement

I'm not joking: does anyone think HE'S behind it? Anudder income stream so to speak?

Looks like they spent a good €20 on the website anyway.
    It did cross my mind

It's gas listening to this Muslim lad talking about there being "no room for racism, no room for discrimination" given their own opinions on women and homosexuality..

sligojoek wrote: »
    It did cross my mind

Well it would explain how bad it looks so to speak....

It's effcetively a GroupOn type site. A company he's regularly derided so to speak.

Bet Joe went to TK Whitaker's funeral to be seen more than anything else so to speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭batistuta9

What was on yesterday's show?

batistuta9 wrote: »
    What was on yesterday's show?
    Balance, fairness and topical items, caller.

snubbleste wrote: »

Well if you have to contact the show by twitter that rules pretty much everyone from this thread out so to speak....great to have free speech isn't it?

Dear Diabetes Ireland, don't be confusing Joe wit all dem numbers.

13:46 tut tut

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement