Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lahvlahn Thread from 12/01/17 - Now we're talking

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

He's gone Joe... He'll be down putting a grand on the cartoon horses by the time Joe gets back to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Cheltenham isn't too far away caller. Keep the "fate", so to speak.

Not long until Radio 1's regular programming is interrupted be a race from Cheltenham is association with Betfair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,281 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

If the show triggered something for him, why would he not go to his family? They are going to recognise him from the call anyway. Why would he not go and just talk to them first?

Cant you hear from him that he is in a fairly low place - I doubt he is thinking rationally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

He can't walk away. He needs to take out a loan to pay his debt. A gambling win will only make his cravings worse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,950 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

it's a lad looking for a woman so he can be the sperm donor so to speak, aren't we all.... just saw the ad on the LL twitter

41 year old male looking to be a sperm donor and co-parent with suitable lady. Willing to pay for IVF and other costs such as child maintenance. Genuine replies only. Willing to travel

Has own Transit van, with comfy mattress in back.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Ally Dick wrote: »
    A win is never a win to a gambler. It makes them feel quids in so that they can gamble again. I had a problem with it ten years ago, but thankfully got out

Well done, that's a great achievement. I recently attended a GA "pinning meeting" (I think they are called) to support an in-law. Bloody hell, it was an eye opening experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Jan_de_Bakker

Much better ways to blow €1k

:D:D !! nice one RTE ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,557 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

He sounds like a desperado who I wouldn't trust with €2 to go down to the shop and get me a loaf of bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Please let there be an ad for the Lotto in this slot.

You couldn't make it up!!!!

There you go!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,557 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Bingo!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

bingo

Haha lotto ad... in the middle of Duffy's gambling special :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭A Shaved Duck?

Oh jesus christ... ad for gambling in post office..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Oh dear - great Ad. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

Play Lotto in your local Post Office and get lucky. Lol

Advert just before coming back in air to the gambler

You couldn't make it up!!!!

you should have taken bets on it

What do you think people ... Gambling... Will D'Arcy be able to help himself?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

he needs a big win not a chat Joe

Dia1988 wrote: »
    Play Lotto in your local Post Office and get lucky. Lol

They better not close down any more Post Offices. Where are all the auld ones going to buy their Lotto, Euromillions, Monday Millions, Telly Bingo and Scratch Cards after they get their pension.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Wait for Darcy to row in with his lecture on the subject!

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Could be totally wrong but I call BS, he says he's thinking of doing something he can't undo (albeit not imminently) and Joe takes an ad break...

Gotta pay the 417K somehow

Wait for Darcy to row in with his lecture on the subject!

2/1 he will mention Spotify by 3.10

Dear god, the Internet for people who have just been born.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

By the lack of posts today do I take it the show was quite boring?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Gotta pay the 417K somehow

Well it's been proven many times over that the measly amount of (non-RTÉ) advertising on the show would not pay for Fateen's fees. It would barely pay for his tea, biscuits and cake tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

I am on a day of Annual Leaf so to speak. Excited to listen to our dark overlord in real time!

Parchment wrote: »
    I am on a day of Annual Leaf so to speak. Excited to listen to our dark overlord in real time!

Joe: Wood dat be your main holiday caller so to speak, or just a little break-een?

Parchment, I hope for your sake it's a good show! Experience has taught me that when you most look forward to de Lahv Lahn it tends to disappoint the most.....so to speak. :(

Laydeez and gents of de Lahv Lahn Thread, it is with great sadness dat I must declare dat it will be some time again before I can contribute to the thread in anything resembling a meaningful capacity as I'm going to be traveling an awful lot with wurk and dat for de foreseeable future. I'll dip in occasionally (when I can) and try to keep abreast of Fateen's excesses, but I'll be relying on ye to keep de Wurkday Calculator going, and keep Fateen on his toes. It's been fun kids, I'll miss you all (even you Brian Scan), and as De Great Wan wood say himself.......

Keep de Faith. God Bless, well done, well done.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Laydeez and gents of de Lahv Lahn Thread, it is with great sadness dat I must declare dat it will be some time again before I can contribute to the thread in anything resembling a meaningful capacity as I'm going to be traveling an awful lot with wurk and dat for de foreseeable future. I'll dip in occasionally (when I can) and try to keep abreast of Fateen's excesses, but I'll be relying on ye to keep de Wurkday Calculator going, and keep Fateen on his toes. It's been fun kids, I'll miss you all (even you Brian Scan), and as De Great Wan wood say himself.......

RTE Radio Player caller!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Safe travelling BS. God bless. Well done.

pilly wrote: »
    RTE Radio Player caller!!!

Dat never wurks - sure de last FunnyFryday isn't even on it yet so to speak.

And Joe calls it de RTE Real Player btw caller, because, you know, RTE invented de Real Player so to speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Now you look after yourself now petal. Do ya hear me

enjoy the wurtled joshwa tree tour Bono

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Mary63

Fair play to you Butterski.

"The new world of online gambling", says Joe.

Where has he been for the last 20 years?

Now you look after yourself now petal. Do ya hear me

Sure, he's only a young wan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Will Joe go near the HSE "jukin' the stats" scandal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

I didn't hear the promo. Was the impending Tesco strike one of the topics (not) going to be discussed?

• Advertisement

Hitchens wrote: »
    Will Joe go near the HSE "jukin' the stats" scandal?
    He mentioned it, and de gambelling.
    Therefore there won't be another word about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Fujitsu10

sad news indeed Butters....
    Any truth in the rumour in Waterford Wispers that you have got a job as a researcher on the program? ;):D

don't be giving us that oul guff now!!

Fujitsu10 wrote: »
    sad news indeed Butters....
    Any truth in the rumour in Waterford Wispers that you have got a job as a researcher on the program? ;):D

Well I am already a published awtur of note so to speak.....if you count Viz as a publication of note and dat. For all of my contributions to Viz I received the princely sum of €0.00 so to speak.....true story.

Well I am already a published awtur of note so to speak.....if you count Viz as a publication of note and dat. For all of my contributions to Viz I received the princely sum of €0.00 so to speak.....true story.

You'll be rubbing shoulders with the artististic types in Doobalin before you know it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

When the injection centres for the unwell get planning permission the lavhline will go into meltdown .

Jesus- he eats pegs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Jan_de_Bakker

Another cheerful topic !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Is Joe not overdue a holiday? I wish he would go for a while. I'm sick of him

• Advertisement

I remember a test for that in school

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement