Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lahvlahn Thread from 12/01/17 - Now we're talking

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,015 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

what's the name of your shop again caller ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,558 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Aldi now have neon signs at each checkout showing the Euromillions and Lotto jackpot totals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Don't forget to mention the name of your shop, caller.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

This lad would give Aubrey a run for his money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

This lad would give you a pain in the face with all his oul plamás.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭infogiver

Not enough info here. How does this lady cope with her other bills? Does she pay for various services like Netflix etc that aren't particularly necessary, go on pricey holidays?. Is she down to her last €s and can't pay the 'voluntary charge'? Or is she just a 'Won't pay'??

Netflix is non negotiable as is her highlights and her iPhone

M

I think he works in JC's in Swords but I am not sure.

JC in Swords.

Duffy plugging his buddy (Doc Savage) brother's business yet again.

it is really ? not surprised really after the shameless way he plugs his own book

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭madanall

I feel like I am intruding here....Only missing the cup of rosie lea !!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

What has this nonsense to do with anything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

2smiggy wrote: »
    it is really ? not surprised really after the shameless way he plugs his own book

Sure is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

CDM...... Lord jesus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Dealz are the biggest bastards for this upselling at the tills, want a bag? want a packet of white milky way buttons? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I don't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Vincent is far too sensible.............and speaks 'good' English !

But your misuse of the national airwaves to promote your own book is perfectly legitimate and moral though Joe, yeah?

Joe is seconds away from throwing his pencil on the desk, in an attempt at faux anger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Joe will have the Lotto closed down by the end of the week.

vicwatson wrote: »
    Dealz are the biggest bastards for this upselling at the tills, want a bag? want a packet of white milky way buttons? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I don't

I was in maplins one day and the guy says "Do you want a brochure?", I said no thanks I look up the stuff online. He says "Ah go on it's only 3 euro". He annoyed me so much he nearly had an Arduino shoved up his H0le.

M

statto25 wrote: »
    CDM...... Lord jesus

When you are buying them by the 50 box that's the lingo you use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

jesus but is joe acting thick or what ?

its clearly seems to mean personal letters posted to an address or electronic means.

Easter Eggs at Christmas. Feck off you opportunist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

You're nitpicking.....then Duffy mentions selling Cadburys.

This d*ckhead on now, im great lad for putting easter eggs on sale at christmas, **** OFF YA MUPPET!!!!

WELL DONE, WELL DONE- have you done the Lotto?

They aggressively sell the Lotto.. There is a poster saying:

"Have you not bought your f**king lotto tickets yet, d1ckhead?"

you post them the money to play online.... Duffy you moron , how the fúck do you think they pay

• Advertisement

So im glad she's dead ! saved me €750.00

• Registered Users Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

The Lotto killed my wife exclusive!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭scargill

It's voluntary, my arse!

If you believe that education in this country is free and fully paid for by the taxpayer - you are deluded.

Schools need the extra funds to provide the services you might want and expect. Vast majority of responsible parents pay voluntary contributions.

I'm not deluded - but here is my reasoning for refusing to pay an additional voluntary tax.

The capitation grants have been gradually reduced over the last number of years. The capitation grant has been reduced to keep the education budget under control. Teacher wages and pensions have been preserved (with some some screwing of new entrants by the unions). Wages and pensions make up ~75% of the education budget. In the same period my wages and pension have been reduced.
    So basically - the voluntary contribution is so teacher wages and pensions can be maintained.
    And the fact that principals are holding children to ransom over this is disgusting in my opinion.

Luckily my school doesn't make a big deal about it - I get involved in other forms of fundraising and volunteer my time when required.

So - it's a point of principal - not delusion at all !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Jan_de_Bakker

"You could have won a million"

F*CK off Joe!!!

M

Death and the Lotto, only on Liveline.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Jan_de_Bakker

Jesus let it go Joe, she is a chancer ffs!!

So im glad she's dead ! saved me €750.00

Plus he probably gets a few bob extra on the widowers pension!! quids in!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Dont mention titanium rods, Renee will be on in a sec!!!!

Feck off, Mark, Fateen wants to plug his telly show.

New LiveLine call back series in the making!!

And after criticising other people for "shameful" shilling. Hypocrite

Last time Duffy gave a shout out for another RTE re run of his programme he started crying !!

I was in maplins one day and the guy says "Do you want a brochure?", I said no thanks I look up the stuff online. He says "Ah go on it's only 3 euro". He annoyed me so much he nearly had an Arduino shoved up his H0le.

Argos ones are free, you should told him that !

M

Can one of the new Call Back shows folly up on that childish, amateur and scandalous interview that you gave the Rio police chief regarding Pat Hickey?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

"Were you verbally asked", askes our hero.

I'd like to say I'm surprised at this (latest) expression of stupidity by Joseph, but I'm not.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Can one of the new Call Back shows folly up on that childish, amateur and scandalous interview that you gave the Rio police chief regarding Pat Hickey?

Are they not just repeats of the Callback show on RTE during the day at the moment?

pilly wrote: »
    Are they not just repeats of the Callback show on RTE during the day at the moment?

New ones in production, it seems. No doubt it will be used to justify Claddaghgreen's fees exceeding the €500,000 per annum mark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

When you are buying them by the 50 box that's the lingo you use.

"Can I get a box of CDMs, a crate of DCs, and 200 lotto tickets, meet ya round the back in ten mins"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Only heard a few bits of the groan line today. At the start of the debacle Duffy said the lottery was a €700m business. Every other time I heard him mention it other was a €1bn business.:).
    My question is:. Is the groan line that good as to bump up the revenue take by €300n just like that,or is Topaz's strategy working.?

Only heard a few bits of the groan line today. At the start of the debacle Duffy said the lottery was a €700m business. Every other time I heard him mention it other was a €1bn business.:).
    My question is:. Is the groan line that good as to bump up the revenue take by €300n just like that,or is Applegreen's strategy working.?

Toe Pahhz, caller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Toe Pahhz, caller.

My bad. Knew there was summat amiss as I was typing. Thanks for putting me straight. :)
    I have corrected my fukup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,953 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

He has to sell 50 catalogues a week to get enough wages for a slice of bread and dripping.
    You cruel bastard, Gradgrind.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

I have 20 packets Green Viscounts, 20 packets of Orange Viscounts, 24 Toblerones 10 large Camacs, 4 mini watering cans and 6 boxes of false eyelashes...think I'll give the milky way buttons a miss as I can't carry much more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,069 ✭✭✭✭neris

Easter Eggs at Christmas. Feck off you opportunist.

2 or 3 years was in my local tesco the week after xmas and they had easter eggs out in one took a pic and put it up on twitter basically saying xmas was just over easter was months away and tesco were taking the michael. Got a reply shortly after from tesco telling me that some customers liked to buy their eggs early as it stopped them shelling out a big wedge of cash closer to easter buying all their eggs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Topaz have or had some kind of game you can play with reward points, is that de gambling too? They should have a game where for €1 extra you can gamble to win your fuel for free.

181949.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement