Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lahvlahn Thread from 12/01/17 - Now we're talking

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,947 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

bigroad wrote: »
    Its a call centre in Kilkenny that employs hundreds of people.

There are a couple of them...
    https://www.google.ie/search?q=call+centre+in+kilkenny&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=1998WO7sC6WbgAbK2YzICw
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

You're such a douche Duffy.

We all know what you're doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

Not even a mention of it, a ****in tosser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭furiousox

Ya big bleedin' windbag, get out the door!!

CPL 593H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

chickensh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭jaded_pause

I'm so disappointed that he whimped out, I'll have to ring Joe Duffy tomorrow and give out.

snubbleste wrote: »
    BOOM!

<fizzle>

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

Wasn't that very unprofessional out of Joe to completely ignore the whole naming the company?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Dia1988 wrote: »
    Wasn't that very unprofessional out of Joe to completely ignore the whole naming the company?
    By all means, most unprofessional undoubtedly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,537 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Wonder is it a "connected" company so to speak?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭bigroad

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Could it be banking 365 and that's why he wont name them.Big bank and all that and do they advertise on Rte.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

It's why no company will go on to the show, they're not afraid of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭furiousox

bigroad wrote: »
    Could it be banking 365 and that's why he wont name them.Big bank and all that and do they advertise on Rte.

He won't pi$$ in the dog bowl he drinks from, that's for sure.

CPL 593H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Right2Write

Joe will use his usual MO. He'll say that he'll name them tomorrow, and then forget about it.

Just like he did with Stewart's Care, and the bus outside the barbers.

Yeah, he has form in this area. Get's all full of false outrage, leads the troops up the hill and then poof!

Surprised? You won't be, on SOAP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

snubbleste wrote: »
    "you were castdown"

2.jpg
    and how did dat make you feel, mr loosifurr?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I've had at least 7 posts deleted by mods over the years, would they still remain in my total?
    It's the same as Homestore and More.........when they're gone, they're gone Butters :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Anyone for the last few tickets?

U2 tickets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

What most likely happened is that Aisling, the woman who rang in, was telling 'porky pies' and when they checked it out with the company, they discovered that the story didn't stand up.
    What is unprofessional is that Liveline allows people to go on the air with half baked stories that wouldn't stand up to any scrutiny.

Roger_007 wrote: »
    What most likely happened is that Aisling, the woman who rang in, was telling 'porky pies' and when they checked it out with the company, they discovered that the story didn't stand up.
    What is unprofessional is that Liveline allows people to go on the air with half baked stories that wouldn't stand up to any scrutiny.
    I tend to disagree, I've worked for a large multi-national for years and it wouldn't be unusual for new hires to be on site for two or three weeks before they receive their contract of employment.

I suspect that the company fobbed off Liveline with a.....'we'll have a role for Aisling in the coming weeks'.. so Liveline backed off then to give the company an opportunity to fulfill their promise.

• Advertisement

One way or another the chances are well never know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Brendan Ogle wouldn't appear on TodayFM with Matt Cooper.. I fear he's treading water, so to speak.

I tend to disagree, I've worked for a large multi-national for years and it wouldn't be unusual for new hires to be on site for two or three weeks before they receive their contract of employment.
    Ditto. Seen it before.
    I suspect that the company fobbed off Liveline with a.....'we'll have a role for Aisling in the coming weeks'.. so Liveline backed off then to give the company an opportunity to fulfill their promise.
    The way she was treated was disgraceful. As I wrote earlier, the HR bod should have his arse severely kicked and she should be recompensed for this almighty feckup.

M

Ahoy ahoy so to speak, de Claire Byrne show will tonight be doing a feature so to speak on de animal shelter in Kerry as featured on de show before...

https://twitter.com/ClaireByrneLive/status/821102509284421637

To de son of Martin Keogh, your getting de farm so to speak.
    Joe Duffy overstepped the mark there. There is no way he should have asked Martin who he intended leaving his farm to. I can only imagine the arguments in the house when the teenager daughter heard that Daddy was going to leave the farm to her brother.....and to make it worse all the relations, neighbours and the whole country know it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Riddle me this so to speak:

Easy way to waste my 20,000th post so to speak? Or is just my 19,949th (please see the attached screen shot)? What is this sorcery? It's a mystery so deep only de great HoratiJoe could solve it. WHOY is dare a disc-krepp-an-See so to speak? I'm all confused Joe. Dis boards ting ta me is more confusing dan de Matty Matticks are to you so to speak. I was gettin all excira and delira tinkin' I was at 20K, but I may only be at 19,949 so to speak.

Did anyone (who he's not banned) tweet him to ask him WHOY he didn't name the company? Classic bully turned coward behaviour. And we all know you read this Joe!

I was gettin all excira and delira
    No Stira for you! :D

No Stira* for you! :D

*as seen on De Late Late Show!

M

Watching on AHAR on Claire Byrne now, lets just say the charity is now fecked and finished after the RTÉ investigation, they went through the accounts so to speak, public money blown.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Has anyone read Brendan Ogle's incoherent rambling on facebuke? He takes a few pops at Duffy, and his salary, for running a hate campaign against him.

I can't copy the relevant bits but it's here in its magnificent madness
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1718343041813605&id=100009137769889

No Stira for you! :D
    *as seen on De Late Late Show!

Forget about the Stira, John Concannon's 'Sucky Buckets' were the business.

hqdefault.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

Did anyone (who he's not banned) tweet him to ask him WHOY he didn't name the company? Classic bully turned coward behaviour. And we all know you read this Joe!

maybe the lawyers intervened ??

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Has anyone read Brendan Ogle's incoherent rambling on facebuke? He takes a few pops at Duffy, and his salary, for running a hate campaign against him.

I don't have de facebuke....I was an "early rejector" so to speak. Can you cut and paste the lines about de great one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

He's right in his views on rte. Don't have time for ogle or his views but I agree with him on rte

M

Sanctions imposed on de AHAR charity by de Charities Regulator tonight.

philstar wrote: »
    maybe the lawyers intervened ??

So let's say they did. Who pays for that? I doubt RTE have in-house counsel, even if they do they'd likely have to seek a second (external) opinion before proceeding. Another cost for the advertising machine that is De Lahv Lahn (oh, wait, no we've already debunked that particular myth more than once).

At some point does the DG not go...."ah, this seems to be happening a little too often now. Joe, take the rest of the year off, without pay fees."

The power that moron has within RTE to continue to behave like he does is nothing short of GUBU. Yes Joe, I'm referring to you when you're reading this. Go easy now, don't explode and tell me to give up me auld guff.....there's no ad breaks here to cut to so to speak.

If you want to discuss further - as I've said repeatedly, have me on the show someday and I'll happily debate you.

I don't have de facebuke....I was an "early rejector" so to speak. Can you cut and paste the lines about de great one?

I'll try some of that fancy screenshoting, I tried copying earlier but his post seems to be protected.

hqdefault.jpg
    Erotica Gallumbits!

• Advertisement

Here it is
    Edit, seems to have chopped off the mention of his salary, see Dan Jaman's post after mine for the full text.
    406610.png

I'll try some of that fancy screenshoting, I tried copying earlier but his post seems to be protected.
    Copies ok here.
    STATEMENT - LETS BUILD OUR MOVEMENT AND SEE OFF THIS SINISTER AGENDA
    Well, well, well! Settle down to read this. Boil the kettle and make a cuppa, or better still get something a bit stronger. This post contains a detailed account of the behaviour of some in our media, RTE, a man called John Kilraine and an analysis.
    Oh yeah, and some announcements. Might as well get them out now.
    Ready? Off we go! This may take some time……..
    We knew that there was an agenda at work in RTE re Apollo House as long ago as Tuesday 27 December. Carole Coleman sat outside with a cameraman for three hours wondering if she could get in and get some footage. At that stage no media had gotten inside to record footage and they, and the public, were quite understandably eager to have a look. Eventually Carole’s patience paid off and I personally walked her and the cameraman into Apollo House where they spent the best part of an hour. What they seen was remarkable. Beautiful even. They seen private bedrooms, communal areas, kitchens, medical room and facilities, and an environment of joy. Carole herself expressed her gratitude and how impressed she was and she and the cameraman were treated with the utmost courtesy throughout. Carole got so much footage that she told me it may have to be rolled out over two days.
    I looked forward to seeing Apollo House on the SixOne news that evening but alas, no. So I contacted Carole who rang me back to say that she had encountered an unforeseen problem. RTE had decided that there was a legal prohibition on them airing the footage!
    Really? Nobody in RTE had told the Claire Byrne show there was a legal problem when they had repeatedly requested access to Apollo House the week before Christmas. Nobody in TV3 had a legal problem entering and filming in Apollo House for 'Tonight With Michael Clifford'. Nobody in the Irish Times had, nobody in the Sunday Business Post had and even RTE (Primetime) forgot about their problem a week later. I knew exactly why RTE didn’t show the footage then. I told Carole Coleman. They didn't show it because it was TOO POSITIVE, it looked too good, and it wasn’t the message RTE wanted to communicate.
    RTE want’s to support and uphold the inequality in this state. I have written much about RTE’s shameful behaviour in their coverage of the water campaign. And it is getting worse. RTE, as an impartial public service broadcaster, is dead. And getting ‘deader’. This is why Joe Duffy begun a massive, and defamatory, character assassination of me several weeks ago which he further inflamed last Wednesday just as the Court refused to extend the ‘stay’ on Apollo House – putting ‘property rights’ above ‘human rights’. That will end up in Court.
    And once Carole Coleman had been replaced by John Kilraine after Christmas as RTE’s Dublin Correspondent the bitterness went to a new level. Not many Journalists do ‘bitterness’ like John Kilraine. Throughout the Right2Water campaign his agenda setting reportage has stood in stark contrast with the events on the streets in the 8 massive days we have had both in number, and in tone. Massive festivals of good nature and change are routinely reported as small side demonstrations in a tone as sour as month old milk. Oh yes, John does not like people standing up for themselves.
    While Joe Duffy was conducting a hate campaign on me on his €300,000 annual public payout I was driving back to Dublin last Wednesday trying to get some order on the ridiculous High Court decision. I spoke to Kilraine and he asked me where I was. He was outside Apollo House and I told him Glen Hansard and I would be there to talk to him on the 9 o’clock news, which he agreed to on the phone. We got there at 8:58 precisely. Kilraine was in the RTE outside broadcast van and as the news began he wasn’t coming out. So I texted him. He said we were tight for the 9 o’clock news and I told him we were outside. Waiting on him. Silence. More silence. 9:15 silence. 9:20 silence. I told Terry McMahon ‘he is waiting until it’s too late because he doesn’t want us on live wrecking their agenda setting reportage with some honesty’. 9:25 when the news was over Kilraine finally found the door handle to exit and tell Terry and I what we already knew, ‘it’s too late’.
    Last Saturday afternoon I was with my Children on an important family weekend and John Kilraine started texting me. I couldn’t deal with it so Dave Gibney rang him. When Dave told me what he wanted later I wasn’t shocked. Nothing about the dishonest, sneaky agenda setting of this shameful entity that used to pass for an impartial public service broadcast station surprises me after the water campaign and the events set out above.
    Why didn’t we put up homeless people in an empty Unite building on Merrion Square? He knew the answer well. He knew a Trade Union, or Jim Sheridan’s house, or Mattress Mick’s warehouse, or Glen Hansards wardrobe was not the point.
    NAMA! NAMA! NAMA!
    We the people already owned NAMA and that was the point of Apollo House. And it was massive. It held 40 people with the Judge’s say so, and could have help up to 100 in total. But that is not the point.
    The point is sabotage of a campaign that has the state and it’s mouthpieces like Kilraine very worried.
    Kilraine asked detailed planning questions and as property was not my area he was passed on to Regional Secretary Jimmy Kelly. Jimmy quickly found out that this matter was being handled by architects in London. Unite is a large Union. Trade Union representatives don’t do their property deals. Jimmy told Kilraine he would answer all his questions in as much detail as he liked by Tuesday. (Remember this happened over a weekend when offices are closed so it would be today before we could even start getting information – clearly our sources aren’t as quick as Kilraine’s in – wait for it
    DUBLIN CITY COUNCIL!!!).
    I called his bluff and offered him a live interview on this evenings 6 o’clock news knowing full well that ‘the man who hid in the van’ wouldn’t want me calling him and his atrocious behaviour out live on TV. And of course he didn’t.
    Then there were the sinister elements. The man who invaded a social housing complex in Finglas calling for backup to take attention away from Home Sweet Home while he was panned by the media somehow got hold of Kilraine’s interest in Unite’s empty building in Merrion Square and turned up with 7 people, just while Kilraine happened to be passing by, and these renowned union haters read a prepared statement. How do these things happen? Any guesses anyone? Another man, the only one to be thrown out of Apollo House and who has been railing against the machine ever since was slaughtered by the media 9 days ago for having a troubled, and troubling, past. But yesterday he became the trusted source of a front page story in a Sunday Paper lashing Home Sweet Home.
    Last night I started putting ‘sinister’ and ‘John Kilraine’ in the same sentence in my head. This morning I messaged him that he was the most sinister Journalist I had ever encountered and that he was never to contact me again. About anything.
    Between times he had decided, and got permission from RTE, to run his ‘story’ before Unite had had the chance to get the proper information from London. Why not wait until tomorrow?
    THE FACTS
    Former Minister Alan Kelly (not a man Unite or I am known to be on friendly terms with) changed the social housing provisions such that properties of 10 units or less are exempted from the social housing requirements. The development of the Unite building in Merrion Square is for just 4 units. Everybody who doesn’t have 10 properties or more is required to fill out a form proving this. Declaring this. This is ‘THE STORY’?????
    This is a disgrace. This is an agenda laden stitch up. The implication if Kilraine was right would be that workers who are our members would have to give their assets, like a tax, to the state? So Denis O’Brien and Apple don’t have to??
    Trade Unions are not for profit ‘friendly societies’ run for, and by, their members through democratic structures. I am very proud to be a trade unionist, to be in Unite and to stand on my record as a representative and activist over many years. And I intend to go even further.
    ANNOUNCEMENT
    As we have been discussing for a considerable time, and as these events prove, our media and our democracy is broken and agenda laden. The country is being run by, and for, elites embedding inequality in everyone and everything.
    We will be launching in the coming months a daily news media outlet to go with our existing permanent political school for communities all over Ireland.
    Furthermore we will be launching a Unity Movement to ensure campaigns like the water campaign and Home Sweet Home will not only continue, but expand. And Unite will be using it’s Dublin property and it’s members support to enable that movement.
    FINALLY
    Everything I have done from helping save workers pensions in ESB to the water campaign, and on to Home Sweet Home I have done at great personal risk, cost and sacrifice. It is not what I do. It is who I am.
    Am I subjected to such hate and abuse because there are some that simply cannot believe that we do what we do because we believe in it?
    - I own no home or property. I am a renter
    - In 2016 I was driven out of Dublin (where I work) to rent elsewhere due to rising rents
    - I have no assets, wealth, shares capital or great material goods
    - I do my best to pay my bills, look after my family and meet my commitments
    To be subjected to this disgusting behaviour in the media, and for some in the media to be working hand in hand with mysterious and unsavoury elements to attack my Trade Union and I, must mean that we are getting somewhere.
    But it isn’t easy.
    I appeal for all who want to change Ireland for the better to support us, face this down, and build our movement.
    HASTA LA VICTORIA SIEMPRE

<amusingly, the pasting of the rant triggered a validation page on Cloudflare>

Cheers Dan, I was on phone using the mobile site and couldn't highlight anything.

From BO's FB post for Butters.
    RTE want’s to support and uphold the inequality in this state. I have written much about RTE’s shameful behaviour in their coverage of the water campaign. And it is getting worse. RTE, as an impartial public service broadcaster, is dead. And getting ‘deader’. This is why Joe Duffy begun a massive, and defamatory, character assassination of me several weeks ago which he further inflamed last Wednesday just as the Court refused to extend the ‘stay’ on Apollo House – putting ‘property rights’ above ‘human rights’. That will end up in Court.

Sorry. The others got there before me.

Note to self: go to end of thread before posting

M

De €300k public purse (fees) amount quoted should be €416k.

hqdefault.jpg

I'm not in the least bit "agricultural" so to speak but I can only imagine that's a feeding apparatus of sorts? I can also only imagine the alternative uses they were put to....the clue is in the name for de slower thread viewers! ;)

• Advertisement

So he's threatening Duffy with court. I didn't listen much over December but did hear the odd bit about Apollo House and it seemed par for the course for Liveline, was there a character assassination show that I missed?

Joe will likely sue based on the fact he was grossly slandered with Ogke stating he was on JUST €300K.

How do people still think he's on "just" €300k (an absurd and grotesque amount in itself but that's another story). Better then the salt a dee irths dat tink he's on €30k I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

From Aishling's fb it appears she moved to Kilkenny based on "they were going to offer" her a job. But Nothing else. She has named the company on fb and is threatening legal action. I assume boards dont want the company named here?

So he's threatening Duffy with court. I didn't listen much over December but did hear the odd bit about Apollo House and it seemed par for the course for Liveline, was there a character assassination show that I missed?
    I switched off the radio or my brain when most of that was going on.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement