Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lahvlahn Thread from 12/01/17 - Now we're talking

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

How do people still think he's on "just" €300k (an absurd and grotesque amount in itself but that's another story). Better then the salt a dee irths dat tink he's on €30k I suppose.
    Well, 250 more people know after today. I put the pic from real joe duffy up as my FB header photo. I hope he doesn't mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Owryan wrote: »
    From Aishling's fb it appears she moved to Kilkenny based on "they were going to offer" her a job. But Nothing else. She has named the company on fb and is threatening legal action. I assume boards dont want the company named here?

Fire up a link to the 'oul FB page. :)

My betting is what heppened with the Aisling story....

Company rang RTE and said if they (RTE) are prepared to give a written guarantee that they will accept all responsibility if the woman on the phone is not who she claims to be, and that the company are allowed to discuss every aspect of her CV and job application as well as work performance live on the radio, then the company is more than happy to discuss it.

If the woman concerned later claims that it wasn't actually her on the radio, but an "impersonator" then RTE will take full responsibility as well as being liable for any damages.

And if Mr Duffy makes any insinuation that we are in the wrong, or if he even hints at who we are, we will sue.

If RTE agree to the above, in writing, we will come on.

Result: Joe Duffy chickened out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,947 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Red Kev wrote: »
    Fire up a link to the 'oul FB page. :)
    https://www.facebook.com/HCLTechnologies/posts/10154744518315985
    A company with an Employee First ethos*

* As long as you're an employee first. If you ain't actually an employee yet, then tough titty. :D
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Has anyone read Brendan Ogle's incoherent rambling on facebuke? He takes a few pops at Duffy, and his salary, for running a hate campaign against him.

I can't copy the relevant bits but it's here in its magnificent madness
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1718343041813605&id=100009137769889

As the saying goes, "If you're explaining, you're losing".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,537 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Dan Jaman wrote: »

They had profits of $1.324 Billion last year, even in de wordled of Top Trumps that beats a €20 million RTÉ loss for clout.

See post 47 here so to speak...

article-2007862-0CB8004C00000578-814_224x423.jpg

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056925840

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Owryan wrote: »
    From Aishling's fb it appears she moved to Kilkenny based on "they were going to offer" her a job. But Nothing else. She has named the company on fb and is threatening legal action. I assume boards dont want the company named here?
    I think you missed this part of her post....
    I attended a job interview at XXXXXXX on the 19th of December. I was phoned approx. 30 minutes afterwards by the country's HR Executive and was informed that they were going to make me an offer.

They wanted me to begin work asap but this was not possible as I'm not from Kilkenny and had to relocate. I phoned the HR Executive back the following day and asked could I start in January instead.

This individual said it was no problem and approx. a week later he phoned me asking could I start on the 4th of January and that he'd be in touch beforehand to go over the details.

Well if what she said is true then it's a balls up by HCL, but she's made herself look a bit daft by hoping the company is shut down because of one useless HR person. She wants 100 + people put on the dole because of that mistake and lack of an apology?

Either way I wouldn't employ somebody as vindictive as her, so long term she's shooting herself in both feet, reloading and firing off again.

You couldn't make it up, Joe!

Ogle seems to have forgotten that he was given 40 minutes free rein on Marian Finucane's show before Christmas to plug his buke (so much for "RTE bias"), and he also seems to have conveniently forgotten that the initial water charge protests came out of Cork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

For anyone who wants to listen back to Marian and Brendan's interview of November 5th.

Here's the link....

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/marian-finucane/programmes/2016/1105/829392-marian-finucane-saturday-5-november-2016/

He was on the show to plug his buke - "From Bended Knee to a New Republic - How the Fight for Water is Changing Ireland".

Edit: Harry, you forgot to mention St John of the O'Donovan's role in the Water Meter Story, I'm surprised at you :eek:

• Advertisement

For anyone who wants to listen back to Marian and Brendan's interview of November 5th.

Here's the link....

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/marian-finucane/programmes/2016/1105/829392-marian-finucane-saturday-5-november-2016/

He was on the show to plug his buke - "From Bended Knee to a New Republic - How the Fight for Water is Changing Ireland".

Edit: Harry, you forgot to mention St John of the O'Donovan's role in the Water Meter Story, I'm surprised at you :eek:

It goes without saying, Lady C! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Hell on Earth by the looks of it.

Its a call centre, not google

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Brendan Ogle had a swipe at Duffy in his "justification" post. Claims he is the victim of an RTE campaign against him.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009137769889

Rumblings on the radio this morning that pensioners might have to pay 50 quid a year towards the travel pass. Should make for a weeks worth of dire Lahvline if this goes ahead. All the young poor me pensioners whinging to Joe that v their travel pass will cost less then a fiver a month

Brendan Ogle had a swipe at Duffy in his "justification" post. Claims he is the victim of an RTE campaign against him.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009137769889

Anyone on Facebook might want to let brendan know Joe's actually on over 400k a year and has availed of tax breaks for artists exemptions and while having his book printed in germany was claiming everyone should support small irish business

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

neris wrote: »
    Anyone on Facebook might want to let brendan know Joe's actually on over 400k a year and has availed of tax breaks for artists exemptions and while having his book printed in germany was claiming everyone should support small irish business

Does de twitter count and dat?

https://twitter.com/RealJoeDuffy/status/821143147359141888

From Brendan Ogle.
    RTE want’s to support and uphold the inequality in this state. I have written much about RTE’s shameful behaviour in their coverage of the water campaign. And it is getting worse. RTE, as an impartial public service broadcaster, is dead. And getting ‘deader’. This is why Joe Duffy begun a massive, and defamatory, character assassination of me several weeks ago which he further inflamed last Wednesday just as the Court refused to extend the ‘stay’ on Apollo House – putting ‘property rights’ above ‘human rights’. That will end up in Court.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,011 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

neris wrote: »
    Rumblings on the radio this morning that pensioners might have to pay 50 quid a year towards the travel pass. Should make for a weeks worth of dire Lahvline if this goes ahead. All the young poor me pensioners whinging to Joe that v their travel pass will cost less then a fiver a month

They should be made pay a fairly reduced fare for any journey (any one with a travel pass)

if they do need to travel , they can do it cheaply. if not, it stops them taking up spaces on trains and buses for no reason.

• Advertisement
    M

2smiggy wrote: »
    They should be made pay a fairly reduced fare for any journey (any one with a travel pass)

if they do need to travel , they can do it cheaply. if not, it stops them taking up spaces on trains and buses for no reason.

Yes should be means tested too and not valid during peak times.

Yes should be means tested too and not valid during peak times.

"But Joe were a retired couple, we only have the state pension of (whatever the pension is now) and a small pension a €1500 a month from a lifetimes wurk in the civil service, how can we afford €50 each Joe, €100 a year Joe to go on the train and bus"

M

Two Day
    De free travel, a Bus Eireann driver is saying 65% of his passengers are on de free travel...I suppose that would explain whoy they are bankrupt
    De fadder of one of the victims of de Kinehin/Hutch fued is in fear of his life so to speak.
    De AHAR charity which featured last night on de Claire Burden Live show

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Fujitsu10

Two Day
    De free travel, a Bus Eireann driver is saying 65% of his passengers are on de free travel...I suppose that would explain whoy they are bankrupt
    De fadder of one of the victims of de Kinehin/Hutch fued is in fear of his life so to speak.

A couple of interesting topics there, I suppose as usual none of these will feature?? ;)

Two Day

Joe: and how much does a Free Travel Pass cost so to speak?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Was it not clear before that pensioners take train & bus journeys to stay warm? Because they cannot afford to heat their homes.

• Advertisement

Joe: and how much does a Free Travel Pass cost so to speak?
    Good question for once, Joe.
    The paper, the printing, the lamination, the processing, the allocation and checking of the person's circumstances, the PSO that BÉ have to little villages where there are no paying passengers, the managers in the Dept of Transport who have to produce regulations... = €m's Joe.

M

They should really issue each free travel user with an annual statement of how much money they have saved by not having to pay for the service, have the ticket machine record their journeys.

They should really issue each free travel user with an annual statement of how much money they have saved by not having to pay for the service, have the ticket machine record their journeys.
    Printing, paper, envelopes, franking machine use, postage costs..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

they should not be allowed travel at peak times getting in the way of productive members of society

might ring in with that point see how i get on

they should not be allowed travel at peak times getting in the way of productive members of society
    might ring in with that point see how i get on
    I think you need to twitter it and hope the researchers pick you out using their eenie meenie miinie moh system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Would Joe's mum be 'entitled' to 'de ferree traavel' ?

Hitchens wrote: »
    Would Joe's mum be 'entitled' to 'de ferree traavel' ?

Sure how do you think she gets from ballyer to Duffy towers in clontarf for Sunday lunch. The chauffer on a day off and you'd hardly expect Joe to drive across the city on his day of rest to pick up his mudder.

(Always find it funny that Joe hardly ever mentions his father. Though reckon that's where his hatred of d demon drink comes from)

Joe will tackle the free travel pass with a vengeance. There's a very sizeable portion of his listeners on the Free Travel and he'll play to that gallery.

Easy pickings really......
    Good (Joe, pensioners working hard all their lives, disabled etc...)
    V
    Evil: (Overpaid managers in Bus Eireann, Overpaid Tds and Senators)

He'll make it another Medical Card thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

But da internet is full of cranks ya know!!

But da internet is full of cranks ya know!!
    Are you talking about me? :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

The minute the Gaiety panto add goes off air ' the night joe Dolans car broke down ' Add is resurrected every year ....we really live in such a cultural Nirvana .

Bingo points for 'Theresa May' mentions today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Oops69 wrote: »
    The minute the Gaiety panto add goes off air ' the night joe Dolans car broke down ' Add is resurrected every year ....we really live in such a cultural Nirvana .

I haven't heard the Tom Crean ad in a long time?

M

De Joe show being cut in to now by de news.

Wonder will Duffy have any response to the Brendan Ogle thing. The statement from Ogle now leaves it very difficult for Duffy to discuss as he is mentioned by name and his wages are cited... ergo, if he mentions the Ogle / Unite topic at all, people will read the remarks about him. I'd say he'll duck the topic completely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Roger_007 wrote: »
    I haven't heard the Tom Crean ad in a long time?

Dont tempt them..hopefully they got lost and abandoned around South Georgia .

"We apologise for being late"
    I'd say Duffy is out the back spitting fire, and slapping the researchers.

13:47 and no Lahvline

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Joe rushing back from L'Ecrivan

13:48 and no Lahvline

Ah, knives out again for de Anymule Reskyoo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Let the gloat fest begin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

snubbleste wrote: »
    13:47 and no Lahvline

2 minutes of sh1te less........rejoice.

Joe ignores the topics again...

• Advertisement

Plug for fakebuke